HybridZ

My new track toy...

Mikelly

Yup, I bought a "girl" car! :shock:

c8c4d1e3.jpg

45c7ffad.jpg

b7236f05.jpg

Went and dropped off my buddies camaro we just did a swap on, and ended up test driving another guy's car, and brought it home...

It's got Koni Yellows, Racing beat Swaybars/ links, Jackson Racing header/CAI, Borla Cat& Exhaust, Kirkey Roadrace Intermediate seats, Sparco Harnesses/steeringwheel/removable hub, a harddog rollbar, camera mount, New tires, a track alignments, braded lines and hawk pads.

I picked the car up for $4700...

Mike

It's a stopgap while we finish up the Zcar, rebuild the trans for the 996TT (between $5-8K depending on how nuts we go) and we may turn this car into an endurance racer in one of the local series... or I may end up passing it on to one of the kids...

This car is pretty darned fun and I'm surprised at how the mods made to it have transformed it. I'll see how it does on Friday at VIR... Can't wait!

Mike

Bought for your daughter right? HA. Just kidding, I am sure it will still be fun. Something about driving a small car on the limit and having it beg for more. I know it's not the same but that's why I love my daily driver corolla. 325000kms of abuse and it still wants more.

Hey, I've seen enough guys hauling a** in those to not call them girlie cars. That car should be a ton of fun as is, if you want it to go faster there are more than enough motor swaps for that car. Let us know how you like it. I am betting that you will like it plenty as is. I wish I could fit in them, but at 6'4" there just isn't enough room.

Nothing wrong with a miata.... on the track anyway. ;) I had one for the first steps of my now abandoned Lotus 7 build (it was to be the donor car) and actually enjoyed driving it quite a bit. Felt like the early Z in many ways. I think they make great, inexpensive track cars.

I always loved the Miata, but I love every small, RWD car that weighs under 3000lbs. I don't consider them girlie cars, in fact I've never seen a girl drive one ever. Now Mustangs are supposed to be "manly" cars but the majority of people driving Mustangs are girls...so I would say the Mustang is a girlie car (especially the 94-2010 ones)

My girlfriend drives a white miata :wink:

She has a hard dog roll bar, KYB adjustable shocks, springs (forget brand), and ss lines with hawk pads. See wants to get sways next.

We both want to get out on the track but $$ is stopping us now...hopefuly next year and can both start hitting up CMP and VIR fairly often.

Before I saw your name I thought I recognized that garage. Should be a fun car on the track, quite a step down from the Porsche though. There's a supercharged Ford powered Miata running around here that I wouldn't exactly call a girl's car!

Had my wife out driving it today getting used to the clutch. If I can talk her into driving this car at the track, I'll be keeping this thing as is until she cries uncle and wants more power... The fact that I've got her even thinking it is a GREAT sign...

Mike