HybridZ

Automotive racing abortions!

BRAAP

• Administrators

Has anyone seen such an abortion rival this? A professional competition vehicle? Why bother with a moniker in the grill? SAAB would be more fitting don’t you think? And to think, it is supposedly BMW powered!?!?

Double face palm!

sund060.jpg

Abortion? What's your point? It's a tube chassis drag car that you add your choice of drivetrain and body panels. No different than say a Winston Cup car :D. That happens to be Europe where sedan race cars are the most popular. Ever notice all the big-time production car racing in Europe is for sedans?

• Administrators

My apologies. I was referring only to its visual appearnce.

I agree, the car is mechanically a very well engineered incredibly fast masterpiece. A Volvo body that is correctly proportioned would look good, but that example is "visually ugly in my opinion.

My point is why bother with a moniker badge! Scratch build a visually flowing body that matches itself proportinately. Not a factory car that is unrecognizable without a badge on the grill! Even NASCAR retains some symmetry in its visual proportions even though they all look the same?! :hs:

Edited by BRAAP

Europe...strange place.

Interesting they are flying the Red White and Blue next to the Eurotrash "Swedish Hot Rod Association" winged sno-cat (or is it a fire engine)...

Maybe the chef from the muppets was involved and something got lost in the translation?

swedish_chef.jpg

• 1 month later...