HybridZ

IMSA kit finally on..

fhptom

On the fasteners at the front of the rear flare, what are they attached to underneath? Did you weld tabs to the body? Did you need to do the same with the top fasteners too, or were those close enough that they could attach straight to the body without a tab?

They are Diamond Racing steel rims powder coated to match car. Kit could handle 10" front and 12" rear. Mine are 8.5" front and 10.5" rear because I already had them. Looking into spacing them out some to fill the void.

Jon. I used a piece of AL angle to make a tab which attached to the body with nut serts. Also used nut serts to attach the rest of the flare to the body to make it easy to take off if need be.

Mark, I got it from Roger(Z Wolf). I believe it came from the guy in TN.

Edited by fhptom

Nice work! I know about color matching, it can be a pain. You really need to blend it from the flares to the body to make it look perfect. Looks like a good match in the photos. good enough for a track car B)

Pete

Edited by z-ya

Not the first one to ask that question. I originally sprayed the pieces off the car thinking it was easier not having to tape and paper the whole car. Same reason I go through 2 cheap chainsaws before I buy a Stihl. HARD HEADED....

The rears were a breeze to install. The fronts needed a little help but that is to be expected since regular steel fenders fit differently from car to car. Wish the headlight buckets were integrated into fender though.

But very happy because this is the look I always wanted. Track day coming up next weekend at Moroso(West Palm)

Thats the kit you can get from ZCCJDM.com I have never seen the kit with out the Gnose. I was thinking of doing the whole kit but i really like the non g-nose part of it. Gives me more to think of now and its easier on the wallet.

Edited by GOTHALOSISM