HybridZ

Show Off Your Engine Bay! Pics Wanted, L-series

philipl

I had one of those superchargers once too. Got it to make 255WHP, and then a few track days later a couple pistons melted. Those old Camden superchargers make more heat than anything. Intake air temps would reach over 275F on the track.

DSC00001.jpg

I had one of those superchargers once too. Got it to make 255WHP, and then a few track days later a couple pistons melted. Those old Camden superchargers make more heat than anything. Intake air temps would reach over 275F on the track.

DSC00001.jpg

You could of used some methanol injection. How much boost did you make?

You could of used some methanol injection. How much boost did you make?

It was making 8lbs, and the CR was around 8:1. Yup, I could of added water injection, or I was actually planning some supplementary fuel injectors just below the throttle body for an intercooling effect. Didn't last long enough. If you want boost, just go turbo.

It was making 8lbs, and the CR was around 8:1. Yup, I could of added water injection, or I was actually planning some supplementary fuel injectors just below the throttle body for an intercooling effect. Didn't last long enough. If you want boost, just go turbo.

Yea, I found out while I was doing research for my setup that you have to run these superchargers wet, by adding some fuel or something before the SC to cool the blades, or else they expand. Might have been part of your problem. Not a bad looking setup though, :icon14:.

Here is a pic of my turbo setup, immediately after install before we had the hood back on. Did a lot of Megasquirt tuning the next few days. Mk III Supra IC in the front. Black, yellow red in front for the Belgian flag. 6 spoke rims in front, snowflakes (before black paint) in the rear.

carnohood.jpg