HybridZ

Fiberglass door panels w/speaker holes

rags

Good news!!! and kinda sorta bad news.

Ok so the pins for attaching the door panels are in fact a GM bumper clip/pin/fastener. I cant locate any info on the guy I purchased them from but I do have a few dozen laying around here and there. So after a little searching I came up with this:

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=13&search=gm&show=45&page=1&cat=151

It the fourth row dead center.

So the pins are 1 3/4 long with a 5/16th diameter pin and a 3/4 head. They completely replace the old hook style pins that came with the car and are much easier to install IMO. So once you get everything lined up, drill out new (say 7/16th holes) install your new pins (you may wanna tape them in place so the upholstery guy doesnt lose em) get em covered and pop em in place. These pins are far superior to anything that came from the factory... Trust me!!!!

This one Pete?

post-19365-042249400 1345161585_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mine all buttoned up and nearly ready for upholstery. I still have to open up the opening for the door handle. I have no 'good' model panel to use for this so it has me a bit puckered up. Mine will use the reproduction upholstery vinyl supplied by Classic Datsun Motorsport...

post-19365-034086000 1346636649_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Door panels are still being made, only now it may take a lil bit longer to get em ... maybe.

I ran into some health problems ... (more like health problems ran into me :blink: ) so while Im on the mend my bro has been cranking em out.... More less.

In any even we still got em if you need them.

P and P

:D

Door panels are still being made, only now it may take a lil bit longer to get em ... maybe.

I ran into some health problems ... (more like health problems ran into me :blink: ) so while Im on the mend my bro has been cranking em out.... More less.

In any even we still got em if you need them.

P and P

:D

I want two for a 1976 280z. PM me with cost shipping to 39042... or pm me when they're available.

I want them, and will continue to want them, so let me know when/if I can get them. (I made a post earlier in this thread as well)

Pete, it was great meeting you on Saturday. Love the panels.

Drivers side fits perfectly.

post-4015-062633100 1351044502_thumb.jpg

Moving on to the passenger side later this week. Playing with some upholstery designs to match the seats.

BTW, those mounting pins turned out to be onetime usage. Removing the panel after the first test fitting pretty much stripped them. Looking for alternatives.

Continue best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks again.

Wes

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure the answer is yes and he is local to you if you're in the Bay Area. Contact him directly - Pete Robinson Rayven14 here on this forum.

I emailed Pete directly as well as sending him a message here on hybridz -

Email 1 was replied to on November 13th saying he would let me know pricing on the 14th when he got on a computer.

I havent heard from him since.

But as he pointed out previously he has been having health problems lately.

Australia Calling

I'd say there will be about 10 of us in Australia from the AusZcar forum putting our hands up for a group purchase and shipping, I'm running an EOI thread at the moment and have pinched a few pics from this thread to illustrate the cards.

Just a heads up

Cheers

John

UPDATE: 12/9/2012

I have 9 AusZcar members now intersted as per the following

1 Sirpent - Carbon Fibre

2 Dat240Z - Carbon Fibre

3 redrbzed - Carbon Fibre

4 Ledge - Carbon Fibre

5 nizm0zed - Carbon Fibre

6 KatoKid - Carbon Fibre

7 Gav240z ® - Carbon Fibre

8 MaygZ - Fibre Glass No Speaker mount

9 Johnboy - Fibre Glass with Speaker mount

Pete, I sent you an email, could you get back to me when you can.

Cheers

John

Edited by Sirpent

Pete, it was great meeting you on Saturday. Love the panels.

Drivers side fits perfectly.

attachicon.gifFGdoorpanel.JPG

Moving on to the passenger side later this week. Playing with some upholstery designs to match the seats.

BTW, those mounting pins turned out to be onetime usage. Removing the panel after the first test fitting pretty much stripped them. Looking for alternatives.

Continue best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks again.

Wes

Wes

May sound a bit left field, but if the strips were urethaned in place so they wouldnt delaminate from the card and door frame I'd think 1 inch velcro would be the best alternative.

John