HybridZ

Random Compliments

devil280Z

Some lady told me "Nice RX-7, I had one just like that." I tried to tell her and show her it was not a Mazda until she got very heated. I tried to walk away but she followed me to insist that I was driving a RX-7.

Back when I first got the car, when I was 17 about 13 years ago, this chick flagged me down to compliment me and the car. Later we met up for some more "compliments." I knew then it was a good purchase and I would never get rid of it.

I get people talking to me all the time about the car, especially when I am getting gas. Everyone seems to have a story about the Z that they or their father/brother/cousin/etc. used to own. Haven't gotten as much attention with any other car I have owned. People like Z's!

Getting some gas at a station about 2am. I come out of the mart and a young man says-' nice car, Porsche or Ferrari ?'

Guy s next to me at stop light and asks who did the work on the car -looks fantastic. I told him I did , I've had the car for 15 years.

He said' damn that's nice- must be worth 70 or 80 grand now'

I said' SOLD'

Lady pulls next me( probably older than my car) and asks me what year. I tell her it's a 1971. She tells me she had a 1972, then smiles in a deviously and raises her eyebrows and says" I have a lot of memories in that car". My son in the passenger seat (16) slouches in his seat and says OMG.

It's almost everytime I drive this car- it's great

Last time someone complimented my M30, it was in traffic.

I came out the next day to a missing..... rear view mirror, all dash switches, 5x ecus (one ripped from the harness), a drill, a timing light, and even a few french fries cleaned off the floor along with some change from the console.

Not a lot of Z cars in Alaska and certainly a few in town better looking than mine. Regularly get a compliment or shout out at a stop light.

Came out of Fred Meyer not long ago to find a folded note under my wiper. Two words. "Nice Car." With a smiley face too. : )

Edited by Tennesseejed

When I picked up mine from NY it was on a trailer as we brought it to michigan (didnt want to take chances since I didnt know if it would have any issues on the drive otherwise).

Stopping to fuel up the truck that was pulling the trailer two teenage girls drag their boyfriend over to ask questions about it the girls repeatedly saying "I bet its fast!"

The boyfriend groans clearly irritated with them complimenting 'an import' and says his v6 mustang could smoke my trailered Z...

Not thinking I responded with "I would hope so, its on a trailer. If you lose a race against a trailered car your car has a turd for a driver."

My Z also gets compliments all the time even though its looks are subpar, I think it has something to do with 3 inch exhaust pipes sticking through the hood vents :D . It might not get the ladies, but it pulls rednecks like crazy lol.

Didn't actually get a compliment, but I was sitting at a stoplight one time and there was a walgreens at the corner. Walking into the walgreens was a young kid <10 and his mom and dad. I see him pointing towards my car and tugging on his dad's shirt trying to get him to look, I couldn't help but to smile and wave to the kid.

I can second the stories about peoples mothers/fathers/uncles/second cousin twice removed's Z car, it seems everyone and their grandma had an old Z at one point. I also had some old guy at a drag strip tell me he used to race a SBC Z and that an 8.8 out of a foxbody practically bolts right up because the Z is a factory 4 link car :blink: just like the mustang. I just shook my head and said "ya I'll have to look into that..."

-Will