HybridZ

Aftermarket Spark Plug Wire Options?

iwayman

It's almost summer break so I've got some plans for the ol' 240

Here's where it's at now:

0sm903Y.jpg

I know it's a bit janky now but once I get back

- Pull manifold, regrind & polish

- pull intake piping, weld elbow onto turbo outlet and completely redo piping.

But my question is:

What are some aftermarket spark plug wires people use with their L engine?  

I want to get a set that stretch around the side of the head rather than over the cover.

He wants a set that are longer than stock to run around the front of the engine.  Probably have to build a set.  You'll need a good crimper and just match the specs. on the stock wires. 

I thnk that auto parts stores typically have a build-your-own kit from Accel that comes with a crimping tool.  One option.

+5 for Magnecor.  RTz turned me onto them when I installed my turbo swap and I was gravely concerned about RF interference with the trigger signal.  You really can't go wrong with them.

I don't know off hand.  Best way I can think to find out yourself is the way I tell people when measure how much cable they need is to take some string. Cut the lengths for each wire off the distributor then measure each length of string.  Someone out there has the info just not sure how easy it will be to find.

To be honest, I bought Magnecors from Summit (a local speedshop was out of stock) for a "Chevy V8 Universal Kit" if memory serves. MORE than enough length...and some nice plug boots to clear at the ends.

Lets you be real creative where you put your coil as well, since you have a conventional coil wire, plus two regular wires that can relocate the coil quite a distance away from where it normally would be (like in front of the radiator so it stays nice and cool...)

The price for a Chevy Universal Kit a plug crimper (not the one in the kit) was less than "Custom Datsun L-6 Wire Set"

Same Wires...

Extra Wires...

Cheaper Cost...

I have a cool tool to show off afterwards...

That gets me EVERY time!

So I guess this is +n for Magnecors...No RFI issues for my MS, SDS, or Radio: WOO HOO!

Edited by Tony D