HybridZ

One of our own has fallen...

Zhadman

Neil Brodeur (El Jefe) passed away on 30 August. He was 28 years old and he (and his wife Maria) had just celebrated the birth of thier third child.

Neil had been suffering from chronic migraines. Doctors had run so many tests on him that he often joked about being a 'guinea pig'. Despite these tests, however, they were unable to determine the cause of the migraines... relegating Neil to an ever increasing dosage of pain killers. On wednesday, August 30th, he took his medicine, went to bed... and never woke up.

I'm really sorry to bring such sad news here to the forum, but this has been really hard on my wife and I (I cannot imagine what his wife is going through). Neil and I had been good friends for 12 years (since highschool)... his loss is tragic. He was a great human being, strong father and husband, and a good friend. I firmly believe that if we all could be half the man that Neil was... the world would be a better place. (Not that you all aren't good folk :) )

Although Neil did not post much, he was an avid Hybrid'Zer and this site, along with several of it's members, provided him a much needed respite from his affliction. His wife called to thank me for being a good friend to Neil, it's only fair that I pass some of that appreciation to this community... in some way this site and it's members helped Neil forget about his pain.

I have not posted here, nor worked on my car, since Neil's passing. Perhaps getting this all off my chest is a good way of dealing with the loss. Thanks, Hybrid-Z'ers, for taking the time to listen.

Rest In Peace, brother!

Neils Obit:

http://www.adquest3d.com/obituaries/search_for_deceased.cfm?OBITID=299948&BRD=1324&PAG=510

Was it a brain tumor?

That was one of the first things they looked for... but didn't find.

Thanks for the condolences. His wife is staying strong... it's hard with three small children, but her family is there for them. She has been remarkably composed and, testament to the strength of thier marriage, would gladly go through this all over again.

That is terrible news... sorry to hear that. :(

I just started going to the doctor a few weeks ago for the same thing... I've had headaches everyday since I was about 13. This news makes me glad I went to the doc... they still haven't found anything though..

My migraines cleared up by age 18. I've only had a couple since, thank God. The pain is horrible... can't bear to see any light... dizzy and confused... puking my guts out. I've had many broken bones... wrists, arms, ankles, collar bone... and they cannot compare to the pain.

Believe this... he IS in a a better place.

That is terrible news... sorry to hear that. :(

I just started going to the doctor a few weeks ago for the same thing... I've had headaches everyday since I was about 13. This news makes me glad I went to the doc... they still haven't found anything though..