HybridZ

What's everyones occupation here at HybridZ!?

Guest caseyjones

Blueoval, that explains the tesla coil :shock:

I'm a EE and have been lucky enough to be at the same fun and challenging job for 9 years.

Over the last two years I have helped my wife to build a horse training/boarding business that is really doing well(helped by investing in her schooling and facilities). I am hoping to start working with her full time in the next few years. Right now I have another metal buidling kit on order to expand her capacity. If things continue like they have for the last two years she is going to make my income seem like a hobby.

I'm in the industrial hvac field for a division of Lenoxx International. build large air cooled condensors but i just got promoted (guess you'd call it lol just means more work) to a new job Utility Pool. fill in for anyone in the plant that is out because i pretty much know everything.. they say i've learned more in 5 years than people thats been with the plant 20+ years lol.. its not the BEST job.. but i learned some cool stuff like wiring and brazing and just general assembly.. guess the thing i learned that has been the most helpful is thinking on my toes.. learning to adapt to changes and i guess just alot of common sense (if you are one to believe that you can learn common sense lol)

JSTARS? Get in touch with General Dynamics IT and check out their job listings. We cover the JSTARS system. I assume of course you already have a TS-SCI so getting a job with GD would be easy.

I might have to exercise that option. Right now I want to go back to Western Montana and get away from the military but I may change my tune when my oldest gets out of HS. If I did stay in DOD I would want to get back into Missile Defense. I spent 2 years in Japan working on MD with the Japanese and space/missile technology proliferation is the future.

Im yet another mechanical engineer! I work in a paper mill thats been in the same location since 1893! People used to tie the horse they road to work on, right where I park my Z...

Believe me, not much of anything machinery related has changed since the day this place opened. You walk in, look around and its like stepping back in time. Not to mention most of the operators still look and behave like cavemen..hehe

My signature is actually the very words a mechanic told me on my first day there! The fact that we are a union shop and paid thusly is the only thing keeping me there..lol

I get to drive the one of the biggest, most powerful machines on the earth. I usually have the throttle of 10,000 to 15,000HP and 250,000lbs of torque traveling 60mph.

The best part is i get to blow the horn:biggrin:

Class1 locomotive engineer

A little breakdown of my work history...

1963-66...US Army (Signal Corp)

1966-82... Automatic Electric GTE... Central Office telephone equipment related work from SxS to GTD-5 switches.

1982-84.... Quit the job, cashed in some stock, did not work. :-)

1984-2000... Public Works City of Fairfield,Ca.

2000-.......... Retired.

LARRY

I mow my grandparents lawns and do chores for my parents. Makes getting parts for the Z somewhat slow.

Starting running start next year and will be at a college for high school and college classes for my junior senior year then on to real college to get my degree in Mechanical Engineering. Hope to work for DiamlerChrysler if Chrylslers not sold off. If Chryslers gone then Nissan or Mercedes.