HybridZ

How would your car scare a future owner?

280Z Turbo

We all have stories about stupid PO's. What hackjobs have you done to your Z that would scare a future owner?

A future owner sure wouldn't like my 2+2 rear seat speaker mounting solution. I cut the holes out of the side panels with a tin snips. The holes were too small, so I beat the crap out of them with a hammer until they were flared enough to fit the speakers. It looks like crap, but makes it even stronger than before!

My wiring is also kinda yucky, although I'm working on that. Having done a turbo swap with an '81 L28ET harness and then a Z31 MAF swap, a lot of the wiring is custom. I have one junction point where I needed + ignition power for several things so I used a bunch of eyelits stacked up, a bolt, a nut, and a ziploc bag (for insulation) to make it all work.

Guest 280ZForce
It's hypothetical.:wink:

yeah i know im jk.

well my driver's side radiator core support is all hacked out for my ic piping. I beat in a couple places on the fender well inside the engine bay for the tb and turbo to fit properly. I hacked away a lot of the transmission ears in the tunnel so the z32 5 speed could fit.

Not much else I can think of right now.

I'm pretty sure my son when he turns 46 and I finally let him have the car (I'll be 75 then, he's 11 now) will have to...:wink:

fix the turn signal because for some reason it will always stay on

wd-40 the gas pedal because it'll probably never be driven over 50 mph

he'll probably have to lower the seat as I'll have raised it as I shrunk

he'll have to replace the brakes once I start driving with one foot on the gas and one on the brake like my Dad

he'll probably have to uninstall the massive mirrors I install so I don't have to turn my head when backing out of parking spaces

I'm hoping that when he turns 75 (2 years from now) my Dad will give me the '48 mercury conv. in his garage.

Seriously, the occasional wisp of smoke I've seen from behind the steering wheel makes me nervous.

Eh, there wont be gas in thrity years, atleast not affortable, so who cares!

Then what am I supposed to do for my midlife crisis if I cannot purchase gas for cars?

I'll just scare any future owners if they ever exist by showing them an example of the how strong my glasses are.

I bought my car on 06/06/06, my license plate is a Classic 1972 Texas plate with the number... "DWB 666" I finished building the new motor on friday the 13th. And even though I found this thing in a junk yard, the title says the previous owner was the "Austin Police Department"

Take your pick.

as for the hack jobs... I'm already scared of the hack jobs I found....random extra wires.... random cut wires....

Well Ill tell you what Bullshit i Dealed with from my previous owner

over $500 in unpaid DMV Fine's No the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ didnt help us with them, He blew up the stock motor and put a 2.6 litre l series in place :|, Egr was broken and a stick was used to plug it, Entire motor had oil starvation problems. was missing on like 2 cylinders. Fuel pump was broken.

Wiring is entirely different story, The stock Radio wiring was destroyed and id probally have to rewire the entire thing. Tires where shitty etc etc

I could go on atleast it was only $500 and it was completely rust free

I got played big time. I was young and foolish. I really hope you guys have better luck.

And remember Check over the car's extensively before you buy them

Lets see..

I have the reverse lights wired to the original 'defrost' switch.. Cause it was there, the rear defrost didn't work anyway, and I had to get the lights working quick for the safety check.

Fuel pump is on a rocker switch, not even fused in for the first year.. It's fused now, but still 'hard wired' to the battery.. IE; It will run if the car is on or not.. :oops: realy gota fix that..

Right signal doesn't cancel on it's own, and I instaled two tiny led's beside/behind the el-cheepo walmart tach, (stupid 280 tach w/signal indicators in it..) so sometimes I don't even notice I've got the signal still going for miles after a turn.. :roll:

Rear brakes are not totaly..opperational. Well, the e-brake works.. but the line blew above the diff last summer, so I simply pluged the thing off at the valve on the firewall and havn't got back to it yet! :shock:

I bought my car on 06/06/06, my license plate is a Classic 1972 Texas plate with the number... "DWB 666" ...the title says the previous owner was the "Austin Police Department"...as for the hack jobs... I'm already scared of the hack jobs I found....random extra wires.... random cut wires....

Remember, "the hack job you drive may be your own!!"

Hahaha!

Eh, I thought it was funny...

Davy

I only had to cut off one trans mount ear to get my T-5 in.

The wiring under the dash isn't the best, it's all new, but some pieces i was afraid to cut short and ended up bundling a bunch togther here and there.

Not really happy w/ my braided fuel lines / fuel cell right now how it all 'flows'

I still have ALOT to do, so I''ll be sure to add more later...

you have to push and hold a button for five seconds before the fuel pump turns on, then you have to flip a switch under the seat to turn on the ignition, THEN you have to turn the key to ign on, then push the starter button under the dash, dont ask me why......