HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Heres mine, 1982, traded my sr5 corolla hatch for it, my friend (whom I traded with) and I are doing an L28Tstroked to a 3.1 pretty soon, recently got hit and now going in for body work, adding MSA kit and custom wide body (or if you know anyone who actually makes a wide body kit, hit me up please!)

1465388308_l.jpg

l_d3ab2d655e8e006dfb6d38d0f02ec663.jpg

Heres my 83' 280ZX turbo not daily driven, garage kept, fresh flat black/metallic paint, retrofitted 280Z performnce MSA exhaust (2.5" to dual 1.5" pipes and no cat), custom made 2.5" down pipe, t3/t4 turbo with saab intercooler, pallnet fuel rail w/new stock injectors, 60mm KA24DE(240SX) throttle body, and retrofitted 84' 300ZX turbo ecu and MAF. Oh and CANT forget the custom batman emblem on the hood too!! Ha Ha Ha!!

015_thumb.jpg

013_thumb.jpg

I have that rust bucket! its an 1983 turbo, it looks pretty good till you see underneath the car or start jacking it up by the pinch seem and the car starts to crush itself. oh well its my new Daily Driver till i get my 240z on the road. dont expect pictures! im happy to say then the 280zx will become my parts car because im greedy and want to turbo my 3.1L after ive driven it for a couple years.

just put in new injectors and had a clutch put in as well, and she runs like a top. if only some one would trade me a p90 for my p90a...

i also had an 82 280zx but it went under the knife like a year ago for parts.

Sorry to respone so late, Cali is a little far to ship a parts car. Thanks for the offer though!

here is the best i can do right now between jobs. 1981 280zx turbo

so far:

n-42 intake

bov

manuel boost controler 10psi

k&n cold air intake

fuel press. regulator

walbro 255lb fuel pump

strait pipe out the back

manuel trans. converson form 82' non turbo

fidazza flyweel

center force duel friction cluch

costom drive shalf

totiko struts and lowering springs

18' XXR rims 18x7.5 front 18x9.5 in back

dunlop drezza tires 225/50/ in front 275/45/18 in back

spacers 1.5'' in front 1'' in back

one really cool big red start button!!!

080329_171914_thumb.jpg

080329_171940_thumb.jpg

080419_123317_thumb.jpg

080730_185628_thumb.jpg

080730_185710_thumb.jpg

080730_190556_thumb.jpg

080419_123648_thumb.jpg

080730_190632_thumb.jpg

080720_172632_thumb.jpg

080720_213108_thumb.jpg

im out of town right now. ill be there next week.

when i get back i'll tell you where and how to buy them. they do not rub at all. they are completly in the fenders. hadling is nite and day better. but it is hard to brake. it make the brakes hot, then they stop working. so look at braking options.

i will start a thred on this. not just tell you to search like some people.

I picked up a 1982 N/A 2+2 5-speed a couple months ago. Bought it after looking at pages and pages of ads for Beemers that just looked like too much trouble. I figure if I'm going to go through the hassle of owning a car, it might as well be something with a little character.

Picked it up from a retired USAF mechanic/shop owner that restores Z's as a hobby. He had the Antique tags put on it; I've registered it for daily driving since then. It needs a new transmission, but its drivable in it's current condition until I can schedule time for it to be in the shop. I think I'll wait for the weather to warm up a bit first. In the meantime, I'm reparing things as I find them... valve seals, shorted light sockets, injector gaskets. The small stuff. The clearcoat is trashed, but the paint underneath is in fair condition. The interior not in horrible shape for a car with 25-year-old leather seats.

th_280zx_exterior3.jpg th_280zx_exterior5.jpg th_280zx_exterior7.jpg th_280zx_gauges.jpg

(thumbnails... click to embiggen)

I'm fortunate to have a dedicated Datsun/Nissan shop in my humble city.

I also own a 1981 Honda CB750 Custom with less than 20,000 miles that I picked up over the winter that has yet to be put on the road. That's an entirely different can of worms.

I picked up a 1982 N/A 2+2 5-speed a couple months ago. Bought it after looking at pages and pages of ads for Beemers that just looked like too much trouble. I figure if I'm going to go through the hassle of owning a car, it might as well be something with a little character.

Picked it up from a retired USAF mechanic/shop owner that restores Z's as a hobby. He had the Antique tags put on it; I've registered it for daily driving since then. It needs a new transmission, but its drivable in it's current condition until I can schedule time for it to be in the shop. I think I'll wait for the weather to warm up a bit first. In the meantime, I'm reparing things as I find them... valve seals, shorted light sockets, injector gaskets. The small stuff. The clearcoat is trashed, but the paint underneath is in fair condition. The interior not in horrible shape for a car with 25-year-old leather seats.

th_280zx_exterior3.jpg th_280zx_exterior5.jpg th_280zx_exterior7.jpg th_280zx_gauges.jpg

(thumbnails... click to embiggen)

I'm fortunate to have a dedicated Datsun/Nissan shop in my humble city.

I also own a 1981 Honda CB750 Custom with less than 20,000 miles that I picked up over the winter that has yet to be put on the road. That's an entirely different can of worms.

And a wise choice it was!!! These cars are great daily drivers with a good blend of ride quality, handling, power and ease of maintenance. I'm using my 77 280Z as my daily driver for this summer.

They are 15x10 -45s. With a 195/60 on it. ha. Eagle Alloy wheels.

are sure that is safe? i don't know if that is bad. but it cant be good.

i have 275 on a 9.5 inch rim. it works. but i need 285.

you have a 10 inch rim with 195. the side walls must touching the ground?:icon52: