HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

DUDE! you need about 2" of spacer on those things! That's battleshipping like Crazy!!

2"? I think more like 4". Fitment is supposed to be like this:

ncbutt.jpg

That is my08 MX-5 with 17x9 +45 with 245/40R17, front fenders are completely filled, rear could fit another 1.5 inches if I try really hard.

Quick question.........will I have a difficult time finding the stock shiro white rims?

Missed the boat?

Like DZ said, the easiest way is to make your own. I sold my set about a month ago, for $250. They pop up from time to time. I would have used them if they would have cleared the 13" front brake rotors.

Purchased in 1988...first 16" wheels Budnik made. Small by todays standards but they were huge then. 16x8 front 16x9.5 rear

That car looks great! It's very different from the norm, but everything seems to flow together. I especially like the taillights - care to share details?

So I'm not totally threadjacking -

sidesmall.jpg

16" Konig Monsoons

That car looks great! It's very different from the norm, but everything seems to flow together. I especially like the taillights - care to share details?

So I'm not totally threadjacking -

sidesmall.jpg

16" Konig Monsoons

The taillights were made by fusing two (ea) suburban front turn signals together and mounting them from the inside. Lexan (painted black on the inside everywhere except the taillights and the llicence plate) was mounted like a windshield with urathane. The rear flares widen the car 9in. and the front 5in. The flares are metal and were made to fit the wheels. I don't remember the offset of the wheels(been too long).

I finally have appropriate wheels for my 70. 17x8 ET5 and 17x8.5 ET3, 19.2 LBS in front and 17.6 in the rear. I could have made them weigh less but I left the pad X-section pretty thick so that I could mill them down and change rims and offsets if I ever get coilovers or fender flares, I’m not racing so a few Lbs is not a huge concern for me. I like the flat black lip, from 20 feet away it makes the car look like it still has a 15” wheel on it.

Front_Passenger.jpg

Please don’t hate on the tires, I had a set of 215’s left over from my wife’s 240sx that I am going to use up before moving to a tire more appropriately sized for the wheels.

Rear_Close_Up.jpg

This weekend was the first time I had driven the car in a year (illegally), only 3 more years of back registration to pay off before it’s my DD!

RE