HybridZ

good example of results of bad welding skills

what amazed me was the ladder bars both broke away clean and equally, allowing the rear differential/tires to roll the car up and over the wheels, usually one side lets go and the other bends and shears pitching the car at an angle when the rear suspension self destructs due to bad design or installation, almost as if the rear was simply bolted to the ladder bars and there were no rear springs , brake lines , pinnion snuber or shocks installed at all??

almost as if the rear was simply bolted to the ladder bars and there were no rear springs , brake lines , pinnion snuber or shocks installed at all??

Exactly-this made me wonder if this was just a hoax or something.How could everything attached to the rear just come undone so easily.Like you said where are the springs,lines,and i never could catch a shot of the driveshaft.??

I'd agree with the tack weld analysis. I tack welded some cut up pipes to some flat scrap metal last July 4th in an attempt to make a nice roman candle holder. I carried it by one of the pipes to where I was going to test it, and the pipe I carried it by broke off when I put a roman candle in it. The thing weighed over 10lbs, and the roman candle maybe half a pound. I went back, and finished the welding I forgot about when I'd been interrupted, and all was good.