HybridZ

Wild BBC HybridZ Drag Video

I believe that this should be in its own thread. I had it in another thread but I think lots of you would want to see this so here it is.

Link to Video:

http://ywnv.vidiac.com/recentvideos/7/8398a7ec-f655-4e70-9d11-99ab012eba03.htm

He said the car is running the quarter mile in 8.60s at 155 on the motor and 8.30's at 165 on the juice. This run didn't allow wheelie bars so he backed off a bit. The car is street legal. Well, it is tagged!

It has a 572 BBC in it.

03200006.jpg

03200002.jpg

03200019.jpg

03200004.jpg

03200014.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ziggity

That's truly awesome. I love the announcer.. haha.

"Ah - safety, you better get on that one. Tell me my track don't got teeth! I'm tellin you we got traction here like you wouldn't believe..."

qwik240z

got any videos of complete full length runs where the car makes a full power 8 second run???

I sold the car to this guy in 2004. It was owned by a friend of mine and it had sat in his garage for many years. It was solid but needed restoration. The new owner owns a Nissan Dealership in New Brunswick. His Name is Ivan. He came down to my place (Wash, DC) driving a Titan V8 pulling a trailer. He towed the car away and about 2 years later, he sent me the pics you see. I have sent him an email asking for more pics, videos and details about the car. I will post them when I hear back from him.

Here is a link to the original post.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=97152

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I just received a DVD from Ivan (the owner of this car) with some of his 1/4 mile runs and I don't know how to post them. Can anyone help? I did a search but still can't figure it out.

I asked him: What is your best run? Is your car really streetable?

This is what he said:

" ON THE MOTOR THE BEST RUN IS 8.76 AT 156MPH. RUNS 8.80 EVERY TIME. 60FT WITH WHEELIE BARS = 1.280 NO BARS = 1.30 SOFT ON PEDDLE.

I REWORKED THE FLOOR SOME TO PUT LARGE MUFFLERS CLEAR OUT THE BACK. IT IS FAIRLY QUIET NOW. IT RUNS AT 180 AT 95 TEMP AND HAS NEVER OVER HEATED. AND ALL ON DRAG RADIALS. I AM GOING TO RUN EXTREME DRAG RACE AUG I 2008 THIS IS A 40MILE DRIVE HEADS UP SHOOT OUT. I HAVE 300HP NOS I NEED TO GET FIGURED OUT. I TRIED A 100 SHOT LAST YEAR WENT 8.40 AT 162. 300 SHOT SHOULD RUN 7.9 TO 8.0 173 OR 174MPH

http://WWW.CFSCSHOOTOUT.COM

CHECK THIS OUT,

IVAN "

WOW. An 8 second street car.

Help me post the videos.

Thanks,

The CFSC is a great event. It was started and ran by a friend of mine, Chris Biro. I haven't seen that car there, but I also haven't been every year either.

8 second and even 7 second street cars are not un-common at the CFSC or the J&P Shootout (Now called something else that I don't recall). Once you get to that level though most of the cars would be closer to being race cars with plates than true street cars. There are still a few true full interior street cars though, that can run 8s.