HybridZ

How many 280zx's have YOU had? or have?

roninjiro

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 for me. Only 1 left 1st died before its own birth. Rotted floor completely off the body. Second $150 no title 2=2 no rust anywhere solid floors and all (2 rust holes in floor largest was smaller than a $. Cut it up because no title. Now I have a mock up engine bay. 3rd is in my driveway.....(shaded car port..)

I've had two so far and hopefully I won't have to buy any more.

I bought an '81 2+2 n/a right out of college. I knew I wanted an L6 Z, but I didn't know anything about them other than that. It was a total mess...I basically saved it from going to the scrapyard. Spent a year restoring it from JY parts and having the bodywork done, painted PPG 1999 Jaguar purple...man I loved it (and so did the girls).

Then I found out about the Coupe and Turbo. Then I realized that I had restored the wrong car :puke:.

The search went on and finally I landed a decent job and then found my '82 ZXT.

I still have the 2+ but since it refused to pass DEQ one year (and I refused to buy a new cat for it) it sits to this day. :redface:

[Edit: Nothing wrong with rockin a 2+2...in fact they might be superior aerodynamically to the coupe and more stable with the longer wheelbase. I've seen pics of some bada$$ 2+'s in Europe and JPN...I just prefer the coupe]

Ive had a few. first one was a 79 2+2 I bought for $150. next was an 83 2+2, was nice when I got it, not so much now. got a 1981 coupe for $200, sold that to a family member. picked up a VERY badly rusted 81zxt with no title for $75. got a 1983 280ZXT 5spd for $500 with a clogged fuel pump and got my baby, a 1980 2+2 rust free from cali with a blown engine. Its getting an L31 with a frankenstein head and S13 coilovers with a custom interior over teh winter and it will make its debut at MSA this year.

Ive had just as many or possibly more S30 cars as well.

I have a '79 coupe that I gave to my son, a '80 2+2 parts car, and a '82 T-top 5 speed coupe that I got as a trade for parts off the 2+2. I'm supposed to be getting a free '72 240 within the next few weeks. I haven't seen it yet, but suposedly it was in fairly decent shape the last time the person that's giving it to me drove it. Once I get it here and can see what kind of condition it's really in, I'll decide what I'm going to do with it. Not sure yet if it's going to be a restoration project, or if it's going to become a modified hybrid/beater.

I've had two 79 280ZXs. The first ended up going to the junkyard when the motor went south and I didn't want it taking up space at my parent's house. The second one I sold to someone on this forum after I bought my 71 240Z. The guy screwed me and never paid me the $450 that he still owes me. The guy has problems anyways, it was obvious that life has screwed him in many ways. I also had a 72 240Z parts car and now have a 78 280Z parts car.

Total 2 - ZXs and 3 - Zs.