HybridZ

Ever notice that old Z's are pretty much loved by everyone?

Regulatori

When I drive around if I ever look at oncoming cars I always see them turning their heads to have a look. I always get thumbs up and every other teenager wants to race me. Mine being a daily driver still going to high school, the kids go crazy over it. Plus its a huge chick magnet. :-)

haha yeah, chicks do dig the old Z.

i saw a comment on youtube about a car with 30in rims, and some kid was saying how old cars could never pick up chicks, and his hummer h2 with some rediculous sized rims/tires could pick up all the ladies blah blah (typical idiotpersontype) i almost wanted to say my beater Z could probably pick up more girls than the hummer XP

it's true. the ONE girl i thought would hate my car at work, liked my car. so kudo's on the z for making a 17 y/o girl say she likes my car haha.

My first drive out a guy in a M3 waved me over to find out what year z it was and how I did it. It never stopped the whole summer, people would try to shout at me as I drove past in the opposite direction, unreal! I have had a Z since 1986 and the attention has always been remarkable.

I was driving on the freeway and there was a toyota van rolling along the side of me...i glance over and a few passengers were taking pics with their cameras (not cell phone camera). Wish I could get a copy of the pics of me and my Z rolling on the freeway...that would be cool! haha :)

my bone stock 83 n/a doesn't get me anywhere without having to stop and chat about. Even when i got pulled over by cop for an illegal left, we chatted about the car for 10 minutes before he apologetically wrote me a ticket.

Also i whenever i drive past people, i can always read there lips when they say "nice porsche!"

I get lots of looks. And the old " I had one of those but mine was..." or what is that? My favorite is a school bus full of girls walking by and one of them say's " Is that a mazzerati?"(sp?) How does a school girl know what a Mazzerati is? lol.

Well you've got to figure we drive pieces of automotive history, I get looks and grins from everyone everywhere I go in both my ZX and my rusted out 240. That and you just don't see these cars anymore, the entire time I was in Virginia I saw two Z's and one of them was the day I left. Z cars always stood out in my mind and now that there are barely any of them around they stand out even more.

I get lots of looks. And the old " I had one of those but mine was..." or what is that? My favorite is a school bus full of girls walking by and one of them say's " Is that a mazzerati?"(sp?) How does a school girl know what a Mazzerati is? lol.

Apparently she does not know what a Maserati is then. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest koji187

I agree with that.. in my AE86 my 85 corolla GT-S no one liked it, unless they knew what it was.. Girls thought it was an old piece of ♥♥♥♥, it was a birth control car, which prevented me from ever meeting girls hahahah.. my mr2 turbo many girls loved it, the z i have now 72, girls think is cute and all elders 30+ love this car, kids over here though don't think it's cool, only 240sx's are cool in Torrance..

AE86 is gay in Torrance, 240z no respect unless coming from adults.. Seems only adults who were teenagers in the 70's-80's have respect for a real mans car. Just gotta wait for all to appreciate my corolla now :)

ANyway stuff like that happens almost everytime I pull her out, Just another reason I love driving a Z.

I've only been driving mine around the neighborhood, gas station, grocery store, etc when i get a chance. Everything is 1/2 mile or less but every time there seems to be much love for the Z. I think alot of it has to do w/ my not having a hood on the car and a huge air cleaner sittin on top of the SBC. One guy was taking pictures of it, which was very weird for me, but cool I guess. Car gets alot of attention, dunno if I like it but it does. Going to make an old man out of me, worrying all the time.

They all love the Z in Michigan. I've got thumbs up too.

The gas tank was leaking really bad 10 minutes after i bought it (I lost 5 gallons of gas at the gas station :icon56:) , a lot of people stopped to help me, we were like 6 or 7 around my car to find out what was going on, it was 11pm.

I'm part of the Mitsu Evo community also, everybody asks me to come to meets with the Z instead of the Evo to stare at the car ;)

I've got a lot of "It was my dream car years ago" from my bosses, my friend's parents.

From some friends, the comments are "Please find one for me!"

Girls and guys coming to my house have the same reactions when they look at the car: SWEEEEET!!!!! :mrgreen:

The Evo is a girls repelant, the Z attracts them :mrgreen: I'm looking forward for summer!

Yeh, it's nice owning and driving a piece of automotive history! I live in Ventura County (SoCal) and generally only take the 240 out on weekends, for a spin through the local canyons and back roads. Darn near every time I pull in for fuel, someone comes over to look and usually has the old Z car story to talk about.....you know, either they or a friend had one! The funny thing is, as mentioned earlier, just about ever kid driving a modified car wants to dice it up.......just makes me grin! It seems most everyone loves the looks of these old Zs as I'm always getting the thumbs up while driving or a conversation gets started while I'm stopped. Gotta love it and it's great for the ego!!! We are special, aren't we!!?

Tom

True story -

It's 11pm friday night. I'm heading to my friends house for a quick chat before heading home for then night. I'm traveling I-80 at 80mph or so. In the distance I see some tail lights... Hmm??? What's that? It's still a good mile off or so.

Once I got a little closer, less than a half mile or so I knew for sure what it was.

Supra.

Instict and stupidity kicks in, I mash the throttle to take a closer look. As I get closer I can tell it's purple, has a pearl paint job, and definately has some turbo whine.

As I get within that 1/8 mile of him or so I start slowing down a bit so I don't just fly past him. As I roll up next to his car his hand fly's out the window with a huge "Thumbs Up" and smiles.

As I roll past I give him a thumbs up and a "rock on" metal fist and change over 4 lanes since my exit was coming up.

Of all people to ever give ME a thumbs up... Shesh. And I was in a S130 at that.

For the most part it seems most people I run into have positive outlooks on the Z cars. The most harsh critic I have is my brother though. He doesn't like 90% of S30 cars I show him, and has a hard time picturing any S130 car as "timeless" and to him they'll always be 80's, and crappy 80's at that.

I personally don't find any Zcar to be the most beautiful car of it's era, but I certainly find them to be one of the best balances out there. Price, looks, performance, potential. These are things that ALL Z cars have above many other cars out there, and i think that overal package has been what's made these cars so well remembered.