HybridZ

What's everyone doing for the memorial day weekend?

dr_hunt

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanking and Remembering those brave men and women who fought, served and made the ulitimate sacrifice for my beautiful country.

Thank You for the freedom!

~God bless The United States of America!

I'll be drinkin beer!

I was supposed to be vising Mom in Aztec, NM.... but the GF's ex managed to saddle us with a $25,000 tax debt from the period when they were still married. He is now back home in Syria and we are recovering from a month where the government decided we could afford living in spite of a $6000 pay cut per month. Plans for the weekend now consist of a BBQ and bonfire, and doing the string layout for a large deck addition to the house. Could be worse, and I am grateful it is not. Like many, my thoughts will also be with Veterans of past and present.

This might be the weekend that my son learns to walk so I will be spending the whole weekend with the family. I plan to take the Z out and use it at least once a day for running errands around town. I'll probably show up at the regular Saturday night local car gathering at McDonalds. I also plan to test fly my newly built RC seaplane at the local lake. Hopefully I don't dunk it! The weather is looking PERFECT! 60-80 and pure sun for four days in a row! Maybe I'll lay in the hammock and have some BEER too.

Working on my sprinkler system in my yard - multiple heads need to be replaced out of the 100 or so installed. Also need to be making runs hauling away trash the PO accumulated. Beautiful place and he turned a couple areas of it into dumps that I now have to reclaim.

Driving 260 miles RT to pick up a tranmission tonight, going to the pick and pull tomorrow for the half off sale, helping my sister move, and flying to reno tomorrow afternoon to pick up a car. Probably just relaxing on sat and sunday. The air sure is smoky here with the santa cruz fires, so i probably wont make it to the beach.