HybridZ

2+ years Of My Life..Slippery Slope 400+Hp 280ZX Turbo Build. Lotsa Pics

slownrusty

Well here it is guys....been working away almost every free moment on it. I have driven the car about 10miles and its incredible and sounds VERY angry with the cam and added compression (the car not me). The boost is set low (4-5psi) right now for the initial break in, but based on how it feels I am confident that this car is quicker than my 2900lb - 911 Turbo that is sitting about 425hp.

About the car: I rescued it from a banker in Denver 8years ago, it was rusty and rough but stock and "all there" right down to the stock Hitachi cassette deck, everything works on the car. It has improved every year I have had it.

There is still lots of little things to do and bugs to work out, but its fairly presentable and I was anxious to share with you guys.

A quick run down on the Engine:

3.0L Displacement

LD28 Diesel Crank

240Z rods

JE Pistons 8.1: 1 compression

Diamond Like Coating (DLC) on the wrist pins

Swain coated piston domes and exhaust & combustion chambers

Whitehead Performance Ported and Polished P90 (non-hydraulic)

HKS 2mm Head Gasket

Web Turbo Grind Cam

ARP studded bottom end

ARP Head Studs

ARP flywheel bolts

Arizona Z-Car Radiator

Arizona Z-Car Turbo Oil Pump

Corky Bell Fabricated Intercooler (custom made)

2.5" Intercooler Piping

Perma-cool Oil Cooler (-10 lines)

Flex-A-Lite twin Electric Fans thermostatically controlled

Clutch Specialties Clutch (custom made)

Fidanza 240mm Flywheel

Brand new genuine Nissan Borg Warner T5

Custom made Intake Manifold

South Florida Performance Exhaust Manifold

Garrett T3 / T4 Turbo

TiAL Blow Off Valve and 38mm Wastegate

67mm BMW 735i Throttle Body

3" Mandrel Exhaust

Lots of Autometer Gauges.

Hand built coilovers by myself

Soon: Arizona Z Car Willwood brake conversion

The front spoiler was imported from Japan and a very unique piece that took ALOT of messing to fit it.

The Hood is a special (what I consider one-off) from John Coffey - Beta Motorsports and is an 8lb Carbon Fiber unit, its complete, I will photograph it soon.

The car should be capable of 400+whp and will be set to run 18psi on a Haltech E6X very soon (after break-in).

Many thanks to all of you on here for your support, help and assistance during my build. Folks like:

Greg Whitehead, Tony and Mike from Whitehead Performance

My bro Paul Brizal

Ron Tyler, Ivo

Jeff Priddy, Garrett

TonyD, Z-Gad

Guy, Helix

Joel Soileau, Wigen-OutS30

ProXlamus (Ryan), 1 Fast Z

Braap (Paul R), TimZ

280ZForce (Justin), Big Phil

240Hoke (Austin), jgkurz (John K)

Bernadd, 240ztt (Joe)

Hughdogz (Hugh H.), Vinh

Gabe, Clifton R

KTM (Bo)

sorry if I missed anyone.

The pics...

335464486.jpg

335463985.jpg

335463992.jpg

335463994.jpg

335464000.jpg

335464017.jpg

335464035.jpg

335464028.jpg

335463965.jpg

Enjoy and regards - Yasin

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yasan...........Nice job. If it runs half as good as it looks, it's a winner. Too often the zx gets a bad rap but you have shown us again just how nice they can be made. I hope you will add the completed car pictures to this thread. Again, nice job. I really like your car.

Looks good.

it looks amazing! I hope to have my car to look just as beautyfull as your ZX!

Many thanks!!!

so, are you going to put on some sort of bumper detail once you get the hood fitted on? it looks pretty damn nice

Yes the front bumper will go back on the car fairly soon. Thanks for your compliments!

Wow, really really nice.

Super clean, I love it!

You did a great job.

Gotta keep it clean, that is my philosophy building cars! To me all the car really needed was more power (big grin) different wheels, a tougher stance and a front spoiler.

Yasin...........Nice job. If it runs half as good as it looks, it's a winner. Too often the zx gets a bad rap but you have shown us again just how nice they can be made. I hope you will add the completed car pictures to this thread. Again, nice job. I really like your car.

I think the ZX has always had incredible lines, its just what you do with it, to enhance it, a little vision is needed to improve on the factory. The car should run Twice the hp better than stock with ease.

WOW! Good job man! what ecu?

Beautiful! Can't wait to see completed pics and some numbers! I have the very same front spoiler! It WAS a major pain to fit right.

that is one beautiful car!

Looks amazing!

Thanks for the compliments guys!! I appreciate it!

Looks great. We need some video.

Video coming sooooon! Probably in one week.

Looks amazing! Invested??? 18K ish???

I P'm'd you back...BTW...I am not counting anymore how much has been spent on the car.

I love the period correct-looking "Turbo" decals on the rocker panels :2thumbs:

The car is stunning and beautifully done. Nice work!

Davy

Thanks Davy! A good portion of the decals are hand painted when I had brand new rocker panels made for the car, as they were no longer available from Nissan as a part number, and I wanted to keep them, I think it looks very cool too!!

You did an amazing job. Absolutely beautiful. Cant wait to see some more pics. I really wanna see that hood. Keep up the great work.

Kyle

Thanks Kyle!! Hood pics coming up! I want to see John Coffey's reaction to it!

Stunning Yasin!!

The wait was well worth it :-)

Thanks buddy, you were an inspiration to me!

Looks amazing! Nice job man!

Did you use the Corbeau seat brackets or make your own? I am using their brackets and they sit too high. Im 6'1" and I have to slouch a little to not stick out through the t-tops! LOL

Guy

Guy - Thanks buddy. I am using the Corbeau brackets and my head is VERY close to the T-Tops, I am 6'0".

WOW Yasin!!! looks beautiful man!! YOu have done such a great job on this S130.. I cannot wait to see some video of her!

Many Many thanks Gabe, Video coming soon bro!

beer.gifCONGRATS. Job well done. beer.gif

Thanks Scottie! Great to pull her down from the jack stands and take her round the block a few times!

Thanks to all for your feedback and supportive comments!

I have a few things that I have to still powder coat and I need to sand and paint the battery tray tonight.

Regards - Yasin