HybridZ

The job thread. What do you do for a living?

Sideways

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

To one of the larger contractors in Oregon, I play apprentice, journeyman, foreman, salesman, project manager, engineer, student, teacher, councilman, and evangelist... some day's I have no idea where 'up' is. On the flip-side, I don't know the meaning of boredom.

• Administrators
To one of the larger contractors in Oregon, I play apprentice, journeyman, foreman, salesman, project manager, engineer, student, teacher, councilman, and evangelist... some day's I have know idea where 'up' is. On the flip-side, I don't know the meaning of boredom.

Here's Ron "on the job" laugh.gif:lmao:

honest_bum.jpg

Pic courtesy of the internet.

I am a CB/PP/MBs and have been working in research labs in the biotech industry and academic environments. These are some of the team projects that I have worked on and/or lead. Currently, I have accepted a position at PSHarrisburg to assist in creating GMOs for biofuel and biodiesel crops.

I hope this work here; it works on my resume.

Looking forward to reading the rest of the stories.

john

Im...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Unemployed..... ya i need a job lol. But to pull my weight around I take care of my nieces during the day. 18m/o and a 4week old. Lots of fun.

I'm a Senior (senior = old) Tooling Engineer at Armstrong World Industries, Ceilings Division.

http://www.armstrong.com/commceilingsna/

http://www.armstrong.com/resclgam/na/ceilings/en/us/

I'm involved in design and fabrication of all types of tooling used in our production plants worldwide. I also work with New Technology teams charged with Product Development & Design. I can honestly say that I've enjoyed the last 32 years and plan on at least 8 more (401k dependent).

Depends on which day you talk to me. Today, I am a novelist, writing my serial novel by day and working on my third novel when I get time. You can read my stuff, including my blog, at www.markhamhislop.com.

Tomorrow, if I'm having a crappy day, it will mean I am running my marketing business, helping Canadian oilfield manufacturers set up in the USA market. Web site is www.patch-marketing.com.

In my spare time (when I'm not trying to get Wolf EMS to run my d*** Z), I am building an on-line newspaper business (my wife and I are both former reporters).

During the day I run the counter at a Welding supply and equipment company. Took the job because it would expose me to things I want to learn, but do not particularly want to do for a living. I stay current on trends and tech, and get exposed to all the old dogs who know more than I ever will... my customers. Come evening, I get to go home and relax, while taking over much of the grunt-work of a 2+ shift home daycare. In fact, I took the welding job in part because my sanity refused to co-habit until I spent more than 2 hours a day out of the home. Financially, I am relevant... to the extent that if I lost my day job, we would need to take on 2 or 3 kids to replace the lost income. My version of paradise starts at 5:30 in the morning, and ends somewhere between 11:00 at night to 1:00 the next morning. On the bright side... I am able to slowly stockpile parts and tools, and aim to start doing something with them as soon as I drop power to the garage and rewire it. I don't know how I would get through without Phil's work thread posts.... thank god for google.

I'm a CG modeler (see my sig). Mostly hard surface, high poly models, but recently moving into organics. Currently actively searching for work. I also accept freelance gigs. If any of you know of someone who needs a Modeler/Lighter/Render man, let me know. (Sorry, had to plug my talents)

Portfolio here: http://www.renderanything.com

The site is a little behind as far as my latest updates.