HybridZ

Thank You To Our Veterans!

naviathan

I realize that many people are probably working today (although I whole heartedly disagree with that), but please remember that we need to sit back and thank our troops from the past to the present for their service to our country and the great sacrifices they've made over the centuries. Without the fighting forces of the United States, not just our country, but many countries would be ruled by dictators and cruel factions bent on the destruction of millions. Not to mention that aside from fighting our troops work in aid camps and help to rebuild desimated and disaster ridden areas of the world. We tear down regimes and rebuild great nations. We end hunger, and create education centers. We hunt down terrorists and lift up freedom in the name of humanity. As with all the great nations through out history, we could not be who we are today without our military men and women.

THANK YOU!

J.C. Buseman

Former U.S. Army Soldier

1999-2003

• Administrators

Thank you veterans and those currently serving to keep the peace here at home. Parroting what naviathan stated, your choice to put your life on the line for this great country so that it may continue to prosper is greatly appreciated and we all owe you great debt of gratitude.

Thank you. bgiorno.gif

In the fall of 1864, Massachusetts Gov. John A. Andrew wrote to President Abraham Lincoln asking him to express condolences to Mrs. Lydia Bixby, a widow who was believed to have lost five sons during the Civil War. Lincoln's letter to her was printed by the Boston Evening Transcript. Later it was revealed that only two of Mrs. Bixby's five sons died in battle (Charles and Oliver). One deserted the army, one was honorably discharged, and another deserted or died a prisoner of war.

Dear Madam, --

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

Despite what the press will have you believe no President ever faced so great a challenge as Abraham Lincoln. His rocky relationship with senior leadership of the Army during the Civil War combined with horrific casualties make the Civil War the costliest war ever fought by Americans in terms of human lives sacrificed. Lincoln once quipped "if there is a hell on earth, I am in it". We face significant challenges in the days months and years to come, I hope we never forget where we came from and those who came before us.