HybridZ

How does one get the girlfriend in the loud "scary" Z car...?

josh817

My latest problem is that the new girlfriend will not get in my presious little Z car! She says it scares her. My solution: drive like a normal person when she's in the car. This has failed though... We went to her old Christian school to watch a basketball game the other night. After the game we go back to the car and everyone is playing in the parkinglot and such having a good time. Well... its cold out and I have to pump the throttle to fire her up. She wants to die down because I don't have the chokes hooked up to the Webers so I have to help my baby to her feet and just give a little bit of juice for a couple of seconds at 3000RPM. This apparently is, I am sorry to say, "to loud". :cry2: She was so embarrassed that all her friends thought my super cool Datsun Z car was indeed very super cool. Now she makes me drive my moms Honda Civic or I have to play passenger (I hate passenger...) in her purple PT Cruiser. Dorky little purple turd.

I would have thought the woman wouldn't get in because the car is so ugly its almost a masterpiece but no, its because she hates the lovely sounds of triples and a 1 chamber Flowmaster! :x I don't think it helps either when the gas tank vent hoses are old so it smells like fumes sometimes, the seatbelts are hard mounted, and there isn't any AC or heater. But hey! there isn't any rust either!:rolleyesg

So ladies and gentlemen, how do I swoon my gal into the White Gazelle? More mufflers are not an option by the way. :icon31: Do I leave a trail of Bath and Bodyworks lotion to the car, she likes those an awful lot. Maybe spray a deadly amount of Tommy Hilfiger cologne so her female senses overide the gasoline smell and close in on the sexy scent of myself.

Woman and her momma who thinks I do dirty unmentionable things with her daughter, because I do...:

ri50rt.jpg

Myself:

23l1377.jpg

Very Super Cool Datsun Z Car:

veygxg.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a relationship is all about compromises. If you don't ever want to compromise on anything, you'll be old and lonely.

Get a quiet muffler to appease her and mount a remote cutout for you when she isn't around.

Fix any of the fuel smell issues for both of you.

Hook up the chokes to the Webers so you don't need to race the motor upon cold startup. All three things will make BOTH of you happier.....and a happy girlfriend is a horny girlfriend.

Very good job explaining the situation. The pics are definitely a plus - way to preempt the "we need pics!" people.

You both are young, and it doesn't sound like you've been in this relationship a while. Even though she appears to be a redhead (which is certainly worth something), I'm going to disagree with folks who tell you to compromise or even make changes to your car. While noble, it doesn't make sense this early in the game.

You're embarrassed to be in her car and /more importantly/ she doesn't like yours - I'd toss her.

Man, you're just looking for the wrong type of girl! Back when i was daily driving my 78 280z (the one with the hood that had been stomped on by the horse, not the camo zzzap!), I went to a movie with the girl I was dating. That car for one reason or another was in the habit of burning out ignition switches (and of course, by one reason or another, I mean the high-wattage stereo I had in it at the time), and sure enough, 12am, movie's out, and the ignition switch burned out...So being the true McGuyver-iffic Hybridz-er that I am, I proceeded to hotwire the car using a paperclip and some extra wire I had laying around. This could easily have been an embarrassing situation for all parties involved, but luckily she was mightily impressed with my red-neckery and the night ended rather well.

But that's not the girl I ended up marrying, so I now find myself in a similar situation to yours once again, though not exactly for the same reason: my wife thinks the car is "yucky" inside, and won't go for a ride until I take care of the interior. Women...

Josh

I'm 49 and have had my Z since 1980 or 81. In that time I've had 5 or 6 girlfriends and one wife. The wife loves riding in the Z and there's never a question as to what car we're taking when we run errands together.

And that's why she's the wife and the others were girlfriends!

Derek

I agree you need to get a new girl. My wife loves the z, when I got it I was going to use it for parts but was told she wanted it for her car. She did all the body work and is good at it now. Find some one you have things in common with and is understanding of your hobbies or you will find your self unhappy.

I agree with Derek and riverz !!! I am 46 years young - My wife help me look for the Z I have now as a birthday gift 5-6 years ago to replace the one I sold when my son was born 12 years ago. When I told her I wanted to put a V8 in the Z, and I was doing the research 1st gen SBC or LS1 --I read so much info about vettes and f-body LS1, she stated "Go find you a vette, and see if you like it ". Another little thing about my wife, she wants a 1972 or 1973 Nova with a 572 Big Block and or a 04 Red ZO6 with a mod red int!!! (she knows the difference between a big block and small block) Where I am going here is my wife is special, and women like her are out there, do not waste your time. Your significant other does not have to think like you, or like the same things you do, but at least have a some respect for your car hobby/passion.

If she is embarrassed due to what stangers think of her in your car, let her go.

You see you and what she chooses, (you) should come frist, not nobodys.

This is very important.

I can see complaining about stinking, dirt and stuff, but not what others she dose not even know being more inportant than you, and what you have accoplished.

Heed my words. YOU should be more important than strangers.

If she is embarrassed due to what stangers think of her in your car, let her go.

You see you and what she chooses, (you) should come frist, not nobodys.

This is very important.

I can see complaining about stinking, dirt and stuff, but not what others she dose not even know being more inportant than you, and what you have accoplished.

Heed my words. YOU should be more important than strangers.

This man speaks the truth. It's not about the car, it's about how you interact. If she's embarrassed to be seen with you unless you conform to her idea of what's proper, she's only going to hold you back. There are plenty of men in this world who have turned into quiet, frustrated couch-sitters because the women in their life won't let them do what they really want.

This won't stop at the Z if you stay with her. She'll find other aspects she doesn't like and attempt to get you to 'behave' with regard to those, as well.

Josh817;

Wow, what an issue to overcome and at such a young age. If it's a combination of sight and sound that bothers her, then I might have the answer and it's low tech. A set of horse blinders and foam ear plugs should do the trick. It worked for my wife. Now when I drive she is not afraid of anything.

Mike

Loud noises scare her. Every time we come up to a light (with the ticket cameras) and it turns yellow I shout at the top of my lungs and she freaks out. I offered ear plugs because I admit it is rather loud in my car, however on my stroker build page we can assume that I did not build the car to be a street friendly happy AC/radio lounge. I hate being in her car just about every time because to me, girls shouldn't drive, nor should they pay or anything else like that. She IS opening up a little bit and said lets take your car, and no its not because she wanted to save gas because her parents give her gas money. The only reason why she was so embarrassed at the game was because the school we were at was her old school and all her friends go there. She thinks that nobody likes loud noises. Perhaps she should reconsider sometime soon because I'm taking the 6-1 header off and putting a 6-3-2 on.:-DShe will need to start liking it soon. Couple of months and we're off to college. Hopefully we both get into A&M. Then again, things could go horribly wrong and we hate each other before college but she seems pretty clingy right now.

I however find myself lucky for right now that she is dedicated. The last girlfriend of a year and a half was very supportive with my car and everything however over the summer while I was rushing to finish my motor so I can have transportation for school, she thought it would be a good idea to get tossed and play naked pool games with other boys, then lie about it. Oh and she did that 3 times, each time I figured out and she said she would stop. She asked for a 4th time and I laughed. No wonder she loved me when I worked on her car ehhh. The one thing that makes me sad now is that I can't go to sonic and get free food. :icon_frow

Lying woman, if you see her, RUN!:

f4i3de.jpg

I guess we better get back to the main point. How to swoon the redhead into my spectacular vehicle... And she's not the only one who thinks its scary. My mom is afraid of it, she is afraid of it, Kaitlin (girl up top) was afraid of it when it was a turbo, etc... honestly it NOT that bad. They said if I get some 4 or 5 point harnesses and a cage it would even more scary. WHAT?! Its safer!

*sigh*

There's gotta be a reason they 'fear' getting into the car.

I've had a fair share of GF's when I was single and albeit I didn't have the Z back then none were affraid of my car and I drove it like i stole it (since I've matured a lot some how). I've had some that were indifferent towards the car but affraid, never.

Hell with the Z the way it is now, LS1, straight piped to a can muffler its louder than any car I've owned and MUCH faster with poorer brakes (till the wilwoods go in). Did I mention my wife LOVES the car (27), her mother always asks to go for a drive when she visits, I had the car basically sideways with her in it and she was like wow! My mom asks to go in it and my father-in-law was disappointed when he didn't get a ride.

There's gotta be something that isn't being said by her with regards to the car or you.