HybridZ

Full on resto mod of a 240Z

wow looks really good and i cant wait to do that to mine....i cant wait to get back home and start building mine..... i would love to go with azc but some of their items are a lil out of my price range like 8k for coilovers and diskbreak upgrade..... i love them but that would set my project back a lil to far lol.

OK fellas. It’s been a while since an update. The car’s going to be running next week, and will be off to the restoration shop, Miller Brothers Hot Rod Barn for final assembly. I WILL be enjoying this car next month!

So, here’s the status. The men at National Speed have done some amazing things here.

Finalizing the totally 100% custom exhaust…

100_7540.jpg

100_7542.jpg

100_7546.jpg

There’s a ton of money in Black Horse AN fittings and such on this table… all of it totally & perfectly planned out. Nothing extra. Nothing short.

100_7567-1.jpg

100_7572.jpg

They made this catch can as part of a complete system that will keep evaporated oil from getting back into my intake. I’ll explain it more once I understand, which is not at this moment. ☺

100_7548.jpg

750cc top feed injectors

100_7585.jpg

The Greddy fuel rail was blue. You can see inside the holes. However, that would really clash with the rest of the engine bay, so it was media blasted. It will be polished more before final install.

100_7583.jpg

100_7584.jpg

The stock plastic coil cover would really bring down the looks of the engine bay too, so they made one of aluminum. I love it. It really works well with everything going on. With a loud color such as the lime, I wanted to keep a polished/brushed and black theme with the engine stuff.

100_7574.jpg

100_7575.jpg

100_7586.jpg

Here are some detail shots. Please remember that everything’s not done yet. Not everything is as tight as it will be, or as polished as it will be.

100_7591.jpg

100_7597.jpg

100_7598.jpg

100_7601.jpg

100_7604.jpg

100_7610.jpg

The electrical goodies are all wrapped in snake skin and it’s all pretty darn clean so far.

100_7595.jpg

100_7594.jpg

100_7593.jpg

100_7592.jpg

And finally, the overall glory shots. Final welding hasn’t been done. They’re all tacked in there for fitment.

The guy who took this picture sent it to me with one word attached: “WIN”.

I about cried.

1261616464.jpg

100_7609.jpg

100_7608.jpg

100_7607.jpg

100_7606.jpg

• Administrators

100_7420.jpg

Silver colored ceramics aren't normally associated with the temperatures the hot side sees. Most of the ratings are in the 1400 deg. range (if I recall correctly) due to the aluminum melting. Is there something different about the proccess you are using?

Stunning build!

Where did you or where are you going to put your boost control valve. I have the same one and am wondering where to put it, been thinking about the valance panel behind the firewall, but still haven't made up my mind yet. By the way, I love the black anodised fittings. Have been wanting to go silver and black in my engine bay. Although I want to do black braided hoses as well.

Silver colored ceramics aren't normally associated with the temperatures the hot side sees. Most of the ratings are in the 1400 deg. range (if I recall correctly) due to the aluminum melting. Is there something different about the proccess you are using?

Stunning build!

It's definitely HPC 1,700 degree. Don't know too much about the process, but I'll find out.