HybridZ

How many forums are you on?

smokeybear

Just a question of curiosity. I am registered on probably about 10-15 car forums, 4 of which I frequent very often. (I had a time where I had to know everything about every car I was interested in and most won't let you use the search feature w/o being registered) I have been "trolling" (but not really trolling ha ha) forums for almost 10 years now (I think the first forum I was registered on was at 14 and probably hondatalk.com, I am now 22 years old and far more experienced in forums and how they work)

The only reason I ask this is I was reading the in the L6 forum and I am surprised at how many people post the same question over and over (and I am only on page one with 4 3.1 stroker questions all there) and haven't even considered the search button as a possibility or the stickied threads up top. When you first came to a forum, did you post questions right away or did you feel it out, kind of get a feel for how the forum as a whole acted when questions that are frequently asked are not searched (I was the latter.)

My first forum was just a small local forum, not a lot of technical information there but some stuff to search and find if you wanted to (Car offsets, some driving tips, etc etc, just weird things). My 2nd forum (probetalk.com) has been hands down one of my favorite forums ever. I had very few posts there but all the questions I had were answered with a search. Hybridz and probetalk are a lot a like, not in actual content on the forum, but how much information can be found with the search and how vast the knowledge is.

My first forum was just a small local forum, not a lot of technical information there but some stuff to search and find if you wanted to (Car offsets, some driving tips, etc etc, just weird things).

You weren't talking about what I think you're talking about, are you? [The 'car enthusiast' forum ;)]

I can't remember them all... prob about 30 to 45. I only frequent about 6, but I remember my logins on most of the rest so I can pop over and ask a Q if something relevant to them comes up.

I generally hit the search pretty hard when I first find the place. which is why I'm signed up to a bunch, many forums only allow signed up members to use the search function. I'd just be a guest on a bunch of them if there wasn't that roadblock.

zcar.com

zdriver.com

hybridz.org

classiczcar.com/org

I really only go to classic, zdriver, or zcar for selling something. So I just frequent HBZ, and when I say frequent... I mean frequent.

Plan is at some point to be registered on a Jeep forum and Subaru forum, if that hints at what kind of cars I would like. (realisticly) :)