HybridZ

Tokico woes.....

Emailed MSA yesterday regarding the springs, and got a response earlier today:

"Thank you for your email.  We actually heard something of an updated earlier today.  Tokico apparently was able to break their contract with the US distributor they had been using (the cause of the problem) and is working out a deal with another distribution company.  Our rep. at Tokico told us to expect about a month before everything is worked out and parts start shipping to us."

So looks like things might start shaking loose in a month or so.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys need to search the Suspension FAQ regarding the 8610.  Its a race shock and needs a spring rate 250 lb. in. or above.  It is not a street shock.  And yes, gland nuts for the Koni and the Bilstien are a problem (I sell both shocks).  In either case I've been ordering in quantities of 50 to have the parts available.  I'm out of stock right now and it will be a while before I order more.  The new business venture takes precedent.

Hey guys just some input on the whole Tokico thing from someone on the inside of the Industry as I used to work there. The US distributor (warehouse and assembly) for Tokico has ceased business with Hitachi and from what I remember Hitachi is looking for a new distributor.

They are in fact out of all of the Z car shock part #'s including the kits for both illumine and HP (blues). My set was one of the last to be available as I set them aside for myself as things were going sour with the negotiations with Hitachi.

Regardless of which shop you go to for ordering the shops you have to keep in mind most of the online shops you are looking to get them from don't stock anything and drop ship it from the source so don't waste your time looking around for shops who have them in stock.

Tokico will recover in about a month or 2's time so you can expect to start seeing movement on those parts and new management of the company.

Hey guys just some input on the whole Tokico thing from someone on the inside of the Industry as I used to work there. The US distributor (warehouse and assembly) for Tokico has ceased business with Hitachi and from what I remember Hitachi is looking for a new distributor.

They are in fact out of all of the Z car shock part #'s including the kits for both illumine and HP (blues). My set was one of the last to be available as I set them aside for myself as things were going sour with the negotiations with Hitachi.

Regardless of which shop you go to for ordering the shops you have to keep in mind most of the online shops you are looking to get them from don't stock anything and drop ship it from the source so don't waste your time looking around for shops who have them in stock.

Tokico will recover in about a month or 2's time so you can expect to start seeing movement on those parts and new management of the company.

This is my answer i got direct from Hitachi

Marcel,

Thank you for contacting TOKICO.  Regarding part number BZ3015 & BZ3016 we are currently on B/O we are hope to see part number BZ3015 & BZ3016 around 3-4 months.

Thanks,

Raymund Rijkschroeff

Sales Technical Analyst

Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.

I think John is right.

Now I have the same Problem. I need to find struts latest in may.

Im going to have a 190 to 200lbs spring 1" lower for the mountain streets in Switzerland.

What shocks is a good question

Illumina would have been the best option...

Koni are to stiff

kyb stock replacement only

I went trough the traeds but for our case they don't help to much.

Did you get it?  Somebody did.  I have to be honest (actually I don't but anyway) I put the first bid on, before I realized that it was an Illumina not an HP.  I need just one HP shock, and saw the BZ3038, didn't know that Tokico would use the same part number for both (weird).

Glad someone will get some use out of it.

Auction's over so the link doesn't work anymore.

So it sounds like  Tokico is not a good option is they might pull out of the market.  What is the next best option and who can make a custom coilover kit?  I was going to buy the TTT ones but they use Tokico.

Arizona apparently is tough to adjust and the shocks are unknown, McKinnley kit is bolt in but the parts are lower quality, and Beta's kit is way more suspension than I need.  Who else can go an all in one kit?

• 3 weeks later...

Having done my cutting / fitting for Tokicos adjustable... once they blow up would be neat if a Koni or other more race-oriented shock would fit in the exact same hole.  Or am I cutting and re-welding again?

• 1 month later...