HybridZ

Do you have a z and does it actually run?

dr_hunt

Do you have a z? and if so, does it run and drive?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you have a z? and if so, does it run and drive?

• Don't have z yet! I must get a z, I must get a z!
    • It runs and drives, YeeeHawww!
    • No it doesn't run and I'm posting how long I've been working on it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice edit Doc! LOL

I have had my 208ZX for since early of 00'. I drove it around with the L6/3 speed auto till late 02' and then started the LT1/T56 swap. I had it running by the summer of 03'. Drove it some on and off while working out the bugs. Drove it a little in 04' and then pulled it off the road in the winter of 04' for body work which I'm finally just finishing up! Should be back on the road come spring!

Guy

Geez DOC... You beat me at my own game:grin:

You Da Man Mike!!!!

DOC... I'm going to be giving SuperDan a Z?!? A model 240! It is a hybrid with a 434 sbc!! Damn, I'm generous. It's great to know that some folks have the spare cash to do such nice things for others!!

DOC... You're giving SuperDan a Z?!? What model? Is it a hybrid?? Damn, you're generous. It's great to know that some folks have the spare cash to do such nice things for others!!

Would somebody P L E A S E give SuperDan a z.

It was running up until Sept. 06. I yanked everything out !!!!! I wanted a V8 could not decide between 1. small block carb motor or LSX motor 2. Automatic, Tremec 5spd or 6spd. --Finally decided !!! I have a LS1/4L60 E in the wroks.

Mine latest 240Z has been sitting for at least three years...it WAS running up until this past fall when I disconnected everything. The driveline is just waiting to be pulled this Spring. The V8 engine, tranny & other parts are just waiting to be installed (and they have been waiting a looong time too). I think I purchased the V8 six or seven years ago at least. I hope it's not all rusted inside....

Davy

No it doesnt run and wont for a few years to come. Just gonna sit on it until I can dump real money and time in to this car and make it what I really want it to be and not some compromised version.

Got the car when i was 16, drove it MAYBE 3 months out of the next year (not at a stretch either, lol) and its been down ever since. Great huh?

Purchased an early 260Z in 1996, drove it home about 4 miles [burning oil ALL the way] and removed the drivetrain for a V-8 406SBC/TH400 swap for drag racing. That’s the only time it moved under it’s own power. It's still a shell but it's time has finally come to receive attention. I did acquire various engine parts [3 different 400 small blocks], aftermarket heads, 2 TH400’s, a 3.90:1 R-200,and a 3.36:1 R-200, CV's, disc brake rearend [thank’s Scottie GNZ] and an aftermarket wiring kit over the years. Now I’m at the point of “some assembly required”

Bought my 83 zx n/a 5 speed last july. Was in pretty mint shape othere than some dents here and there and a few scrapes in the paint. 138 XXX kms and it runs like new. Its daily driven in summer, but may have to take a short break to receive a cast iron snail when funds will allow.

Anyone find it amazing, per this poll, that one out of every three Z's doesn't run?

Not really. It's easy to keep a stock Z going, but it's also boring. Seems to me to be pretty logical that 33% of the Z's here are preparing to haul some serious ass! That's what we're all here for, right? :D

hmmm im feeling pretty good after this poll... usually i cry myself to sleep reading about the mechanical and electrical engineering feats everyone one on here seems to have done.. but this time i have a huge smile.

i have 2 Z's and they BOTH run!!!!

doing happy dance........ =0)