HybridZ

My official L31DETT RHD thread.

1 fast z

The new HKS cams, seem to make good power as well. They are 264 duration, and 9.6mm Lift. Maybe once it gets a bit cooler here in Phoenix, I will get her on the dyno, and see if I can make my 750 RWHP figure :) .

I didn't know you were going with HKS cams or maybe you told me and I forgot:ugg:. I need to dyno my 71' before the next event, I'll let you before I go if you want to bring your car down too.

BTW, I said the Japanese were under High Boost Conditions. I realize you are still below 20.

The Japanese were boosting well in excess of 18psi when this was happening, and likely since it was carburetors they were using, it was a detonation incident that caused the splitting (from a dirty jet usually),

Back then, if you weren't running at least 1.5 Bar, and triple OER 50's you didn't get close to running with the back of the pack.

Mikuini 44 Blowthrough setups like mine running only 17psi (and the occasional bump to 20-21) were considered mildly modified and suitable for daily driver usage. They weren't anything worthy of racing, they were just drivers. I had no problem with that.

• 6 months later...

Well, I have always hated the spark plug wires going across the intake manifold and the valve cover. So I am running wasted spark with coil on plug setup. I am just using the ford EDIS 6 module to fire them.

Old System:

DSCN1642-600x450.jpg

New System:

DSCN2175-600x450.jpg

DSCN2176-600x450.jpg

DSCN2177-600x450.jpg

DSCN2178-600x450.jpg

Also took it on a mountain drive to try it all out

DSCN2086-600x450.jpg

DSCN2095-600x450.jpg

Great job! I'm still working on the casting patterns for this. I have the main "block" pattern nearly complete, the "combustion chamber" core box is almost done, as are the core boxes for the ports. Still got to work out the new timing cover stuff and, well, basically everything from the ports up. Maybe two more years and I'll be packing sand again. When I do, the first good casting is getting shipped out to Phoenix. I probably ought to do a cast valve cover, too...we'll see.

Sparks, I'm sure you noted that the wording fits much better like it is, since there is more space on the "top" side of the valve cover, due to the oil filler cap.

Let us know when you hit 800. Because you know that in Japan, 750 isn't total overkill for a street car...(/pokes TonyD in the ribs)

Its a little thing called tax write off :)

Nice. My thought is something less, well... gaudy. So, for example, the below in a smaller font would look far better, in my opinion, while still having all the info. I mean, seriously, why put "by" on there?

Blake Machine - Phoenix, AR

_____DOHC 24V TT________

OR

Blake Machine - Phoenix, AR

___DOHC 24V Twin Turbo__

Same idea for the L31DETT on the intake manifold. Really, how many places does it need to say it's twin turbo? You should include that info on the valve cover along with the DOHC 24V TT.

I gotta say that the wording strikes me as out of place, as well... but in the time since you put the thing together I have come to realize that it fits you, Brian, probably better than most of us would imagine. What I am saying is that before, it looked awkward an displeasing to my eye, but now it looks a *little* awkward and TOTALLY appropriate and fitting. The "tax write-off" comment sealed the deal; that made all of these cosmetic issues "function over form" :)