HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Hey, noobie here. Bought a 79 280zx almost a year ago, and am restoring it with my son. I've perused several threads on this site, and you guys clearly have a lot of experience in these cars. So I'm glad I was referred here (thanks, Carl).

I have an engine question, but this doesn't seem the right place to ask it, so I'll start a new thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol some more sorry just wanna get em over with I got a lot more but I ain't about to make pages and pages of em

last bur not least a L28 twincharged

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab149/muerte_miquiztli/29cd4dd4.jpg

Not twin charged, just supercharged. I currently own the intercooler setup from that picture.

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, got a 1983 coupe non turbo, that I paid $1 (one dollar) for, replaced the fuel line from the filter to the fuel rail, jumped her off, and drove her home. As good of a deal as that sounds, it is now sitting idle because I'm at a junction. It needs valve stem seals, so, naturally i'll pull the head for some sort of work, as it has 216k miles on it, so it will probably need guides, plane, gasket set... so then it becomes a .080 head shave, new guides, longer valves, spacing the head hardware... so that turns into a new cam... or wait, I got a p90 head sitting here...

Well, anyway, for the 1500 bucks i'd throw into the engine rebuild, now i'm considering the v8 thing... but that's a cage, and a lq9, transmission...two td06-20g's... ugh, I can't make up my mind!

Hello all and I have been reading this site for a bit but never posted anything. I started a website to chronical my 1981 280zx restoration. I have been a painter and body man for many years and my father retired from the business. Come check out what I am doing and ask body/ paint questions if you have any. One Dollar Z

img_20110328_152203.jpg

tubprimer1.jpg

tubprimer2.jpg

• 6 months later...

Your ZX is flawless!! One of my favorite ZX's I ever seen!

Very nice, filling the guards with wheels and tyres makes a big difference eh :)

Thanks guys! I have done a few little things since those pictures including adding some Hella horns and re-installed my front parking \ turn signal lights, after being off the car for 4-years.

I have also removed the rear bumper and going to repaint it and clean up the rear of the car.

Yasin

Getting a 280ZX to look good is not rocket science but does involve starting with a decent car and then spending proper money on two crucial parts of the car. One, fix the front up with a complete replacement, they are available. Two, as Yasin has done, fill those guards up with rubber and wheels. That is all it takes, messing around with trivial stuff such as shaving the rear is just playing around.

You Murricans are damm lucky in that you got the two seater as well as the 2+2, my comments refer to the 2+0, the 2+2 is pretty much a dog no matter what you do.

Same. I loved my 2+2. It was sorta starting to look good. The front is a major area that needs to be fixed. Side skirts help too, and a spoiler to finish it off.

I like PPK's car becasue he got a lip that still uses the front bumper, and looks good.

189679_209230815756093_100000075273173_840750_8347823_n.jpg

And some fat wheels just look boss.

WP_000085.jpg

PICT0054.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

Edited by BluDestiny

Checking in with a 1982 280zx N/A (doing a l28et swap) Got it last year and has only t-top rust which is going to be repaired.

I have the motor in and vacuum lines done wiring is the only thing left but before I go any further I would like to know if anyone in here can help me. How much power will this car create with 10 psi and a 3" free flowing exhaust? I have an intercooler for it too.

MY CAR

1324748387[/url]' post='972705']

Checking in with a 1982 280zx N/A (doing a l28et swap) Got it last year and has only t-top rust which is going to be repaired.

I have the motor in and vacuum lines done wiring is the only thing left but before I go any further I would like to know if anyone in here can help me. How much power will this car create with 10 psi and a 3" free flowing exhaust? I have an intercooler for it too.

MY CAR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/635763/1972-datsun-240z

Around 220 whp if you have good afr's. Or almost double stock NA if you prefer to think of it that way. Really bad place to post this question though, btw.

Awesome forum guys! Here's mine! $700 because it didn't run. New gas, tuned the AFM, new ecu... Runs like a boss. I feel kinda bad that I got it for that cheap... I want wheels next, the Rota RBR's are what I like with the -19 offset.

IMG_6372.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

Oh, and she's a 1980 N/A 5 speed with 103K miles. All stock.

Edited by boosalmi

Reviving this thread..sorry for shameless plug...some pictures taken at a local show I went to, first time taking my ZXT out since I moved to Houston

Enjoy!

Awesome - my favorite S130! Love the car Yasin as always. You've got more aluminum there than the NSX's sitting around you ;)

Now we need to discuss a few things.... when are we gonna Mega Squirt that beast? Coil Near Plug setup and get rid of the Dizzy? Talk to me bro. I might know a guy that can do up a custom wiring harness for you ;) Oh and I need those pics in High res!

Quick (old) pic of my Yasin Inspired S130.... mmmm tires.....

post-6495-095281300 1325298737_thumb.jpg

Reviving this thread..sorry for shameless plug...some pictures taken at a local show I went to, first time taking my ZXT out since I moved to Houston

Enjoy!

Loving it. Almost makes me want to replace my air dam with the one you have and leave off the bumper. Do you always roll around without the hood? Hows it look with it on?

Loving it. Almost makes me want to replace my air dam with the one you have and leave off the bumper. Do you always roll around without the hood? Hows it look with it on?

I been rolling around like that in my ZX for almost 2 years no where near as nice as Yasin's ZX! :D

77f9a806.jpg

Edited by 280zx@541