HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

• 3 weeks later...
Here are the two sets I use, a set of Boze 18x11 Mesh for the street and a set of CCW 18x11 classics for the track.

Btw, can anyone point me to where I could find a Watanabe/Panasport style wheel in 18x11 with 5 lug pattern? I'm looking at those for a new Z I'm working on.

4233802142_72bfafa30c_o.jpg

4233058487_3fa1eb7270_o.jpg

WOW - Awesome! Love the Datsun on the calipers as well :)

From tthe looks of the hood and front air dam something tells me you are hauling a$$ in that pic.

That's about 150mph on the front straight of Texas World Speedway. The airdam almost completely tucked under. That's one reason I added a front splitter. The first splitter I made got ripped off at 100+ by the air pressure and made quick a trail of smoke and fragments.

That's about 150mph on the front straight of Texas World Speedway. The airdam almost completely tucked under. That's one reason I added a front splitter. The first splitter I made got ripped off at 100+ by the air pressure and made quick a trail of smoke and fragments.

150mph is pretty impressive. Even Expert CMRA motorcycle racers barely crack 150 by the finish line on their liter bikes, but they are running the track counter-clockwise. T1 is a much higher speed turn than T15

150mph is pretty impressive. Even Expert CMRA motorcycle racers barely crack 150 by the finish line on their liter bikes, but they are running the track counter-clockwise. T1 is a much higher speed turn than T15

true. I could be embellishing. It's likely not quite that fast by the point in the pic given it's about halfway along the straightaway.

Beautiful car, Mark. For five years I lived in Austin and heard about your Z, but never got to see her in person :-( I had one guy that worked at Motion Dynamics try to get me to check out an RB-powered Z that was next door to them - I never got enough free time to swing by, but figured it was yours.

I think the wheels fit your car very well, btw.

Beautiful car, Mark. For five years I lived in Austin and heard about your Z, but never got to see her in person :-( I had one guy that worked at Motion Dynamics try to get me to check out an RB-powered Z that was next door to them - I never got enough free time to swing by, but figured it was yours.

I think the wheels fit your car very well, btw.

thanks. Drop by anytime to see it and take a ride. just send me a PM. The new one is at Andris Laivins shop (http://www.laivins.com/) but it's still only a rolling frame.

I think wheel fitment is a huge part of a car's visual profile, especially with a car like the Z that can look relatively old and tipsy with the wrong wheels. It's also great for the Z's shape to use larger wheels as this changes the apparent scale of the car. 17's seem about right but I use 18's because of tire availability as 17's are hard to buy slicks for. 18's are on the verge of being too big for the style of the car.

In my case I actually built the flares over the wheels so the tight fit is no accident.

have you tried emailing watanabe wheel usa to ask if they can be custom made?

if you can settle for 17s then rs watanabe does have those. they are weak offsets but you can re-barrel them

go here:http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/index2.htm

then at the bottom of the screen with the 14 buttons, click the 5th button on the top row.

on that next page under aluminum wheel, click "f8 17" and pick from there

have you tried emailing watanabe wheel usa to ask if they can be custom made?

if you can settle for 17s then rs watanabe does have those. they are weak offsets but you can re-barrel them

go here:http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/index2.htm

then at the bottom of the screen with the 14 buttons, click the 5th button on the top row.

on that next page under aluminum wheel, click "f8 17" and pick from there

I plan to call them about 18s but I don't want 17s as it's too hard to buy race slicks for those and I'm not even sure if my huge brakes will fit inside 17s.

mark

Looked through every page and didn't see my wheels posted, so here we go.

th_0921091907-1.jpg

th_0925091214a.jpg

True spokes that came with the car. Sadly, though they are pretty good looking, I haven't had any luck finding the wheels I want. The closest thing I've seen in this thread was posted by Warren on page 6. Anyone have any info on similar wheels to the ones he posted?

It appears that's already in the origional post. I posted all the info I knew. True spokes. I might be able to find them on their website (that I heard about about 3 hours ago looking through a hot rod mag.).

Edit: Holy cow! I just looked on their site and the cheapest set is $1599.99. These rims look good, but not that good! I'm glad the previous owner got 'em...