HybridZ

Check this out... S130 Pictures

Sonethirty

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good god those wheels/tires ruin it for me.

Camber

Fit

All of it.

:puke:

I do have some questions though. Does anyone know the production figures for slick tops in japan from 82-83? Why?

Notice it has the later hood, tail lights, bumpers, etc. But it's a slick top. From what I've seen slick tops in the later years are nearly impossible to find over here.

And why would someone go through all that effort, swapping half the body over from a later Z, and then put a front air dam on and then leave the rest of the body OEM???

My only conclusion is that it's actually a later S130 clicktop, something impossible to find over here. And it's been lightly modified, carb'ed, seats, air dam, tach, wheels, lowered.

I never thought I'd say this. But after seeing 80LT1's rims.... 18 inchers that fit would look better than that.

That skinny tire on a wide wheel thing is something I see the drifters doing. Negative camber as well. Look up a drift site and 90% of the cars look like that. Though if it had tires that fit the wheels and a lot less negative camber, I would think it would look great. The body looks good.

I'm going to agree that in those pictures it doesn't look to great, but i've seen cars like that in person (as i'm sure many of you have), and in my opinion they are much more impressive in real life. (example, s13s and z31s with really stretched look tires on 15" wheels.)

Good god those wheels/tires ruin it for me.

Camber

Fit

All of it.

:puke:

I do have some questions though. Does anyone know the production figures for slick tops in japan from 82-83? Why?

Notice it has the later hood, tail lights, bumpers, etc. But it's a slick top. From what I've seen slick tops in the later years are nearly impossible to find over here.

And why would someone go through all that effort, swapping half the body over from a later Z, and then put a front air dam on and then leave the rest of the body OEM???

My only conclusion is that it's actually a later S130 clicktop, something impossible to find over here. And it's been lightly modified, carb'ed, seats, air dam, tach, wheels, lowered.

I never thought I'd say this. But after seeing 80LT1's rims.... 18 inchers that fit would look better than that.

Typical Japanese style...Not uncommon back there.

I've got an '82 USDM slicktop coupe. How rare are they?