HybridZ

Every 240z fan will OMG when u see this

"cosmetic restoration"?

Flaws I see:

Dash cap.

Banged up front bumper,

nasty e-brake handle

Poor chrome on the rear bumper

If there is NO rust, 15K is not too bad a price but certainly not a steal.

The respray is also pretty sloppy. Paint on the hatch window seal, missed some spots in gaps, etc. The shift knob doesn't look any better than the e-brake handle. Battery tray "clamp" looks odd, but it may be the pictures. The thing on the lip behind the seats looks all cut up too. Clean car, but there's quite a few things wrong with it.

Not "OMG" material, IMO.

I'm probably wrong on this, but aren't those the incorrect carbs for a '72? I thought the 70-72 carbs were the desirable ones, so I'm not sure why they changed them out. Wrong steering wheel too, if I'm not mistaken, but I don't think they were going for a stock restoration. However, I think the older steering wheels look better.

am I still at hybridz.org???? are we saying we would rather see stock wheels and exhaust on that car? anyways I noticed a dent on the roll pan, lol.
I was thinking the same,cmon guys would you really feel cool going around like:

"yeah...my 240 is perfect in every way..it ahhh... has stock and original everything...and ummm....well you know the shift knob is mint and the chrome is flawless...thats right i'm awesome"

I would buy that thing anytime if i had the money,and buyers willing to pay is what makes value right? therefor i owuld say it is worth that money,if not it will be in a few years.

Yes, those are '73 carbs. Also has a passenger side mirror. Wrong seat covers. PCV system is not connected correctly. I'm sure we will find more.

I didn't notice the less than show quality bumpers and chrome, or many of the other things pointed out.

I don't think our problem is that we want a full factory restoration for ourselves, it's this car is being touted as a "full cosmetic restoration", which it definatly is NOT.

Uh what am I missing. Ad says "This 240Z features a recent cosmetic restoration and is ready for your driving enjoyment."

That's a fair statement. I dont see where anything has been mis-stated. I could find no mention of Museum quality best in the world ..... never find a better more original ....

Cameron

Uh what am I missing. Ad says "This 240Z features a recent cosmetic restoration and is ready for your driving enjoyment."

That's a fair statement. I dont see where anything has been mis-stated. I could find no mention of Museum quality best in the world ..... never find a better more original ....

Cameron

Cosmetic restoration would mean to be restored to show room quality, at least to anyone I talk to, that's what "restoration" means. Now a "Mop & Go" on the otherhand, would be what this car has, with some interior parts also repaired.

The only reason it looks as good iat it does is because its shiny from all those lights. The paint is crap. Id be very suspicous of that Z and the sellerl

As far as those carbs go..they are not SU...those look like a weber upgrade...It think they are called DVG. They are not flat tops.

Chris I believe you have these as well http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=79785&highlight=dvg&page=2

Museum quality. I don't think so. For that price I would have expect a new dash, not capped. The steering wheel is not from that model, and did you notice the repaired crack on the center console. Not to mention the screws drilled through to hold the choke cable lever. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give the interior a 7. I can only imagine what the bottom and suspenion looks like. Defintly not a $15K car.