HybridZ

240z Concept Car

Mauisnow13

I found this while searching for info on the 240z concept Nissan released back in 1999 I think it was.

This guy began making a concept for a new 240z. It looks pretty sick in my opinion. I think the front could be a little bit better. Maybe if he brought the bottom out more. I also am not a huge fan of the louvers on the back. Maybe fender mirrors would compliment also.

What do you guys think?

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=43&t=608914&page=2&pp=15

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but I do NOT like that front end, rear or side profile. Its too jagged. Make it flow better, fix that that front chin area, give it some hips and then we can talk. I mean if I saw that car on the street I wouldn't think "oh thats a Z". Of couse I don't say that about the 350 either, but thats a different story.

• Administrators

VERY cool indeed. I agree with Aziza. If Nissan built this, we’d all be lining up around the corner for it.

Of course we all have our own little ideas of what a modern retro S-30 should look like. In my eyes, this is the one of the nicest designs I’ve seen. His renderings keep many of the original S-30 key features such as the cab backwards design, sugar scoop headlight buckets, the swooping rear quarter lights, hood bulge, subtle hip arch over the rear wheels, rolled under body lines from the mid section down, etc. Maybe a little more retro on the tail lights and exaggerate the blacked out tail panel a little more and wa la…

It is a very nice flowing, well thought-out concept as is.

Kudos to the gentleman who did the work. bgiorno.gif

D_240Z_conc_21w.jpg

D_240Z_conc_56__.jpg

D_240Z_conc_75__.jpg

To the designer??:

Wow, that's pretty freaking badass. Did you have a few other cars in mind when coming up with this? I think It has a certain aston martin charm to it. Well, until I saw th rear shot, that's a totally brand new concept car look, very extreme indeed. I do like the dip in the roof, it's unique and adds character. It reminds me of a lotus elise, but whatever you do, don't put a "scoop" there or anything. I'd like to see a straight side shot of it so that the depth doesn't distort the true length for a better idea of the curve of the roof. I also like the door handles. At first I didn't even notice them; very discreet yet practical. I also admit I have the hots for centralized exhaust tips. Would it be taboo to get rid of the headlight buckets as a separate piece altogether? That's probably the only seam that could never be totally aesthetically pleasing, and I think your modifications to the car has outgrown them.

If I had to change anything, it would be the extra leg on the bottom of the airdam as seen in the wire mesh. It isn't so pronounced in the last full color rendering, but perhaps keep it going straight across without the dip in the middle. I've never been a big fan of airdams with a leg like that to begin with, even if they are actually functional on race cars and whatnot. Very nice lines, some of which sharp and blending out into the curve of the car exquisitely.

A few concerns may include how tiny those bullet mirrors seem to be--I never like the bullet type mirrors such as the ones everyone gets off ebay, but these are okay. Also, it is hard to get an idea of what the headlights actually look like. Are they somewhat egg shaped? It seems as if the peak is pointed in a strange direction in relation to how the body comes to a point at the edge of the headlight buckets. Lastly, probably the biggest concern is that the front tires seem to actually stick out of the wells. I'm not sure if this is what you were going for, but the airdam is somewhat narrow in relation to the wheels and it would actually dump the split air right into the face of the tires instead of around them. Perhaps tucking them in just an inch to clear the wheel wells would suffice.

I'd buy one, or at least save every penny and try. How possible is this? One hurdle with any far out redesign is the increasingly impracticality of actually being able to modify the real thing to match the idea. As a totally new model though, it would make me cry. The msrp would probably have to be at least triple the original just to account for it's exotic car impression.

WOW. nice work.

I like the indent in the roof, I think it would be a perfect place for a cabin air intake (rally style) but without having the scoop project above the roof. (Functional without looking like an attachment).

As it is, it should even strengthen the roof a little (Still can't get those shocking images out of my mind where some stupid teens jumped on a hybridz 280zx roof, made me mad).

It's beautiful work, really, but I have to agree that the front end need to be massaged more. To me the front looks like a huge aerodynamic drag point. Too much air would be built up right in front of the radiator. Obviously we should all be aware of this thanks to the windtunnel exploits. Smooth the front end over and it would be a perfect redesign.

the doors look like the hyundai genisis (not good or bad). I would of like to se the subtle budge on the front fenders like it does on the original and the hatch in the 3/4 shot doesn't look substantial enough, like it doesn't show enough to the c pillar, but that could just be because of the angle of the upper sides of the car where the windows are.

headlights look like that they are from a neon. hood looks like it can be adapted from a 280zx. So who wants to go ahead and build one :D. I wouldn't mind helping if I can only test drive it once :P