HybridZ

new exhaust set up..3"

bobbyc

ive been workin on the z for a while...and i'm never quite satisfied....so im always changing stuff....this is what i've done recently...exhaust out the front fender behind the wheel....tell me what you guys think....ive read emwhyrohen's post and he said it's really loud...so thats expected, its turbo so i don't think it'll be as loud as a na motor....my z has always had 3" straight exhaust...so i don't think i'm lookin at anything drastic..another bonus is i won't be draging exhaust under the dif! i also welded pipe in the hole were the exaust runs through the inner fender so its reinforced. i got the idea from a custom truck accesory website..it's a popular one...i forget the name...but something similar was almost 300 dollars!

sideexhaust.jpgsideexhaust2.jpg

sideexhaust1.jpg

thanks guys! i'm still workin on my fuel pumps...getting them wired...i'm running a low pressure for the surge tank and the high pressure for the injectors...i just wrapped up the full SS braided line front to rear..it'll be a bit before she's running, but i'll get a video. this is gonna be an occasional driver, take it to the track sorta car...i could imagine rush hour traffic gettin pretty smelly...i think cruisin it'll be ok....right now i'm running the hx35 turbo.....ultimately i will end up with something different....and prob soon....so my plan is to get it jetcoated once i have my final turbo configuration

....and potentially noise restrictions as well. I don't think you realize just how loud it is going to be with that short of a run of pipe and it is going to be deafening at cruise as a street car.

I am running a 3-in. system on my turbo setup through a Borla XR-1 muffler. It is loud at WOT and when cruising it is quite loud as well. The low frequency exhaust waves wear on you after a while.

It looks great otherwise, but I would be concerned about heat bubbling the paint around the exhaust.

Wow...you are a true hard core nutter. Would love to hear some video on this set-up. Also how much are you going to drive this car? KTM and Mayolives all raise good points in regards to noise and your tolerance for it, hopefully the Denver PD do not give you heck.

Yasin

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...