HybridZ

Post your photography!!

tfreer85

AWESOME photos, Jackson.

I was taking some shots of a dental office today. Didn't come out nearly as awesome as yours.. (maybe like 1% as awesome), but I've not explored all the features of my camera for various lighting situations or if I'm even using the correct lens for the job at this point. But I'd say my photos came out fairly nice.

Any info you can provide on your equipment for such setups that you don't mind providing?

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

drax: ya $500 is great when im not doing hotel stuff, you make so much more on conmercial stuff. I'm gonna looking into realestate market again though, the recession can be a nice time to update photos :D. thnx.

careless: i use a 5dmk2 17-40L lens and 580ex2 flash. the photo straight out of the camera looks nothing spectacular... all i can say is get your good composition, and ALWAYS keep your verticals straight (ie camera level) never tilt up or down. Only times you can tilt up or down is either 1. you use a tilt shift lens or 2. you fix ur verticals in photoshop. Thats one of the main differences between amateur and professional interior photography i learned early on.

The other thing is most of the result is achieved with merging of layers and photoshop post. Of course how you shoot makes a difference but the main thing to achieve that print quality work is how u process the images... um... too much to explain how to photoshop, but here's a before and after of the image. This before picture is just the base exposure, you need to take a flash exposure and color exposure ontop and merge together.

IMG_8987s.jpg

OH believe me, I know how to use photoshop quite well :wink:

I'm just more interested in the method to take the photos. The dentists office I took photos at was very well lit, so I didn't use my flash, but I still would have liked to. The batteries I bought were expired for my SB800, so I decided to go sans-fill and just use the ambient lighting.

A lot of the photos I've seen taken from photographers before being handled in photoshop were never centered properly or certain parts of the item were too close to the edge. I like to frame in camera as best as possible and think about how the photo is to be used.

I've been using the D300 quite a lot lately and I'm starting to get used to it more and more because my old Minolta was too hard to learn with (film) so now I'm starting to get the new digital format down pretty well.

I'll post some photos this weekend from the dentists office... before I photoshop them.

awesome work :D

Here are a couple I've taken semi Recently.

Thought the lamp gave off a good classic "Gas lamp" feel to it.

IMG_3524.jpg

My wife's picture, there was no moon at this time period and it was pitch black.

IMG_3518.jpg

I took a trip to Grand Junction, CO it was a beautiful drive, and this picture does no justice.

IMG_3451.jpg

I'm currently trying to get my business off the ground and into real-estate photography. These are just basics, nothing special.

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

Edited by tfreer85
Replace blurry first pictured

A few of my favourites, I have lots...

Burleigh Falls. Ontario, Canada (Summer 08):

n509881577_1645484_6241.jpg

Algonquin Park. Ontario, Canada (Sept/08):

n509881577_1852620_8523.jpg

n509881577_1852726_1498.jpg

Dorset. Ontario, Canada:

n509881577_1852786_5329.jpg

n509881577_1852790_6546.jpg

n509881577_1852793_7500.jpg

Myrtle Beach. South Carolina, USA (March/09):

n509881577_2868329_2183873.jpg

n509881577_2868314_4660761.jpg

Folly Beach (Charleston). South Carolina:

n509881577_2868342_1445230.jpg

n509881577_2868355_3838565.jpg

Anyone else like monochromatic patina and junkyards as much as I do? Here are some I took a few months ago while scavenging.

flyingcaddy01.jpg

cabinterior.jpg

327badge.jpg

cabs02.jpg

flattie01.jpg

Haven't played with the dodge or burn tools yet. I have some good ones that I took on film years ago, but I seem to have hidden them from myself accidentally.

Never have got a good lightning shot myself (though there isn't a lot of lightning around where I live). I did try in Bryce Canyon for about an hour and a half one morning, and couldn't get anything good, despite having a good setup for it. It's harder than you think!

• Administrators

I was quite fortunate a couple years back when a cool storm rolled through, strike after strike one after another. Not common for our area. I just set the tripod up in my pasture, and from inside my barn that night, wireless shutter release with the NikonD70s, kit lens, I think the shutter was 30 seconds or 1 minute and got a few with multiple strikes in the same shot…. Again, I was fortunate, the storm was key. Here are some shots from that one storm…

crop1Medium.jpg

DSC_9701Medium.jpg

ground1Medium.jpg

Same shot, cropped…

crop2Medium.jpg