HybridZ

Shift Knob Thread

ComicArtist

There's one of these threads on another forum I'm on, so I figured I'd get one started on here.

Post up pictures of your shift knob, where you got it, what its called, dimensions, whether you like it or not, etc.

I'll start it off with mine.

be8da445.jpg

JDM bubble shift knob, 150mm. Idk about the weight for sure but it's pretty heavy. I'm definitely cutting the shifter down about 4 inches and rethreading it, because it feels like I'm shifting in a semi with the extra six inches of shift knob. Love the way it feels though, plus it's got that JDM appeal. White wood wheel is on it's way from JDM-land as well.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car is completely gutted right now, but whenever the day comes to reassemble, I will be using this Momo race air leather shift knob. It has half perferated leather with a brushed aluminum top and bottom. I will be matching the steering wheel with the same momo race option. Pics of what both look like. This is going onto a B&M short shifter for an s14 trans.

post-736-004451700 1323228947_thumb.jpg

post-736-088627600 1323228981_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nelsonian

Hurst Sidewinder shifter ball handle with line-lock button on MGW T56 Camaro shifter. Handle to the right is hydraulic drifting handbrake-Hurst lever with a simple black knob. Hurst pistol grip shifter handle replacing sun-baked black plastic handle on e-brake. I want to bend T56 shifter closer to the steering wheel before I'm done. Idle hands run the devils workshop.

post-5903-095007900 1323234123_thumb.jpg

Edited by RebekahsZ

Wish I had a better quality picture, it's a pretty killer knob.

9iflmc.jpg

It's the Big Type R made my TWM Performance. Weighs 600 grams, comes in 9 different finishes. Kind of pricey, around $150 depending on finish, but it's really high quality. Doesn't get hot in the sun, doesn't get cold, won't even get scratched or scuffed. I'm getting another for my FD sooner or later.

Link for those who may be interested.

TWM Performance BIg Type R

Hey comicartist... let me know how that cut and rethread goes because i need to do it too haha

DSC07046.jpg

Best part is I can rest my arm on it and it takes nothing to shift. I can literally pull it back with a minimal amount of force and it will go from 3rd to 4th, etc.