HybridZ

New Dad

cygnusx1

Well, I was out for a cruise in the Z this past Sunday evening. I was shaking out some cobwebs before putting it back into winter storage. I got a call from the wife saying that her water broke! I pulled a nice u-turn and made the 10 minute drive back home in 2 minutes. What a way to enjoy the handling and speed of the Z. Fortunately, we had sort of planned for this so we threw all the bags into the WRX and headed off to the hospital at about 6pm. We went in and they examined her and told us to stay overnight because she would have the baby the next day. I flipped on the TV set in the room and flipped a few channels to find a white 280Z with it's rear end jacked up and wheels spinning on Mythbusters! I told my wife that was a good sign. What are the odds of me turning on the TV and seeing a 280Z? I was still wearing my Z hat also. Well, few hours later I was helping the nurse work the baby out. It was all a miracle because we already had a scheduled C-Section on Jan 15th due to some possible natural birth complications. At 1:39 am 1/8/07 Nicholas was born full term without c-section. We will all be coming home tomorrow from the hospital. Wish us luck, it's our first.

P1080113_thumb.JPG

congrats. i have quite a few of those things running around the house here. the first few months are not to bad. they sleep alot. you will not get "sleep". you will get lots of "naps". hopefully mom will breast feed. that will make it easier on you. push the kid onto the boob and roll over and go back to sleep. it is a total gas to watch them grow up. you may not get to work on the car as much though:( . take lots of pics. they tend to change every day.

jimbo