HybridZ

Exotic "SOUNDING", high revving V8! Read "ENTIRE" thread before posting!!!

• Administrators
..... The way I see the cheapest way to get that exotic sound is the destroked single plane SBC. The block would be dirt cheap as would some decent heads, throw in some forged internals, a decent cam/springs and you'd be set. Plus the SBC swap has been down SOOO many times that they will almost bolt right into a Z with off the shelf parts,….

Yeah… ah hem.. uh, well.. stay tuned… wink.gif

..... I hadn't considered the VH45DE, however the aftermarket support required to make this motor "exotic" hasn't arried for the 45de yet, or if it has i'm not aware of it.

Well, sort of. There was/is, the Infiniti VRH35ADE. Though it and the parts that make it what it is, are not in the financial realm of us mere mortals.

Here it is with its single plane crank, screaming at 10,700 RPM.

:burnout:

The Infiniti VRH35ADE…

Infinitv8Small.jpg

InfintitiV-8Small.jpg

InfinityV-8Small.jpg

VRH35ADECustom.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've heard a Harley sound just as good as an STi, yeah...then it started up and ruined everything. If anything a Scooby sounds like a boat. A non-Harley powered boat. As far as exotic V8's go, I think there is a video on YouTube about a guy with a TVR V8 in his Z. MmMmMm...sounds like cherry pie

• Administrators

OMG!! That is HOT!!!! hot.gif

The rough idle is reminiscent of a Top fueler idling on Nitro.. Very cool..

I’d like to see more of the car itself. From what little was shown of it, it has a very exotic "super car" look.

So that is the RX-7 that was/is stil being produced in Japan but not available here in the states? Is that OE or is that a special one off tuner car? Please excuse my lack of knowledge regarding the Rx7, but that car is incredible.

• Administrators

I found another video on that Scoot 3rd gen 4 rotor Rx7. Good shots of the exterior, (in my opinion it's not as exotic as the other video eluded to, still pretty HOT though...)

Then I found another 500 HP "all motor" 2.6 liter 4 rotor 3rd gen Rx7 making a sub 10 second run down the strip. The exhaust note is pure... sex.gif

Also found the 4 rotor powered BMW, it had already been posted though....