HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

That turbo manifold I sell you work out good for ya?

I'm still running my old manifold right now(I got it resurfaced). I have to get a flat spot and a hole machined on the one I got from you so I can mount my external wastegate. I'll let you know how it goes.

I got it from an estate sale and was told it was a 1980 280ZX but the title says 1981. It runs and drives but needs some work, the exhaust pipe is rusted through and dragging on the ground. The inside is the filtiest I have ever seen a Z. cig. ashes 1/2 inch deep on the console. The hatch area is crammed with garbage. I'll hose it out, clean it up and see how it looks then

1206091227.jpg

1206091205.jpg

1206091226.jpg

1206091226a.jpg

Hi,I'm new here,but not new to Zcars. I've had my share. My current and possibly my keeper, is an 83 ZXT 7-83 production (same as 84 300zx). I picked it up from my neighbor for $400. Black on tan, T-top, 5sp. So far I have changed the carpet to a new black one, new reclining black vinyl racing buckets, T/C kit, KYBs (which suck), suspension technique springs (Eibach has dico'd thiers), Greddy type S adjustable BOV, Cheap ebay manual boost control. Ipulled the F54 block and installed an N42 set to experiment on. I am rebuilding the F54. I used the N42 head and modified a thermister (2K ohm) to replace the cyl head temp sensor. I plan on buying a solid fuel rail from Palnet and 380cc injectors from Osidetiger. I also plan on switching the ecu to a Z31 soon(I have the parts just haven't done it yet.) I purchased an ECCS diagnostic unit and the service manuals on cd. I am currently a DOD civilian electrician,but prior I worked for the local Nissan Dealer. I have been working on Nissans for almost 20 years. As soon as I have a chance to wash the car I'll post some pics.

Long time lurker of this thread.

Been waiting till paint was finished before posting pics of my Z.

Saved from a barn after being hidden for over 7 years.

2 seaters a rare in Australia, apparently only 2 were delivered for Nissan executives. The rest are personal imports, would only be double figures.

Back on the road 09 004_thumb.jpg

Back on the road 09 005_thumb.jpg

Back on the road 09 006_thumb.jpg

Rocker cover 002_thumb.jpg

2 seaters a rare in Australia, apparently only 2 were delivered for Nissan executives. The rest are personal imports, would only be double figures.

Great looking Zedex! Who did the shaved rear? It looks great!

I am defiantly interested in hearing on how you shaved the rear and made it look so clean!

nice car. love the front air damn...

Thanks guys.

I am defiantly interested in hearing on how you shaved the rear and made it look so clean!

Here are some progress pic's, if that helps.

All Steel underneath, tack it all on. Then seam weld small sections at opposite ends and wipe over with cool wet cloth straight after welding.

body work 011_thumb.jpg

body work 012_thumb.jpg

body work 014_thumb.jpg