HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

Fantastic! The Epsilons look great.

I think I'll add some inf. Maybe it help someone.

I'm using 4x S13 Front BC Coilovers. Cant use S13 rears. They are made for double whisbone suspension. Wheels are -27,75 all around and I'm using S13 rear hubs and bearings and thay are approximately 10mm wider. So fronts are still -27.75 and rears equal to -37,75. In front I run 3.5 degree camber and almost 0 in back. Floor pans are 3" from ground and I have 3" exhaust that is 2.5" from ground. I would definately take 1/2" wider rear arches. It still rubs to perfect fit. Suspension is 8kg in front and 7kg back. Suspension travel is 4". Raised car lowers on ground only 2" and 2" has been max compress so far. I have to look on the map where I can go and where I definitely have to keep away. I can't cross speed bumps

I think I'll add some inf. Maybe it help someone.

I'm using 4x S13 Front BC Coilovers. Cant use S13 rears. They are made for double whisbone suspension. Wheels are -27,75 all around and I'm using S13 rear hubs and bearings and thay are approximately 10mm wider. So fronts are still -27.75 and rears equal to -37,75. In front I run 3.5 degree camber and almost 0 in back. Floor pans are 3" from ground and I have 3" exhaust that is 2.5" from ground. I would definately take 1/2" wider rear arches. It still rubs to perfect fit. Suspension is 8kg in front and 7kg back. Suspension travel is 4". Raised car lowers on ground only 2" and 2" has been max compress so far. I have to look on the map where I can go and where I definitely have to keep away. I can't cross speed bumps

I've always liked them low too but I do hate how speed bumps are always an obstacle. Go at an angle when crossing speed bumps :D

Edited by yhlz

Nice! Looks like you could have cut off one more coil? :rolleyes:

Maybe if he wanted bad bumpsteer & to blow his shocks...unfortunately, it takes adjustable coilovers to achieve what you'd like visually. :rolleyes:

Edited by Matt K

Maybe if he wanted bad bumpsteer & to blow his shocks...unfortunately, it takes adjustable coilovers to achieve what you'd like visually. :rolleyes:

Lowering 2" with a static coil and lowering 2" with adjustable coil overs nets the same result. The shock is still down in the body an additional 2". The "additional bumpsteer" I keep hearing about will be there whether adjustable coil overs are used or static coils, again, the net result ins suspension geometry change is the same. Some say that using the "bump steer spacers" (better called camber change restoration spacers" will help. Some say, most won't notice a difference. FWIW, cutting coils off increases the spring rate.

I'm currently riding 1" lower than stock height, and haven't noticed any increase in any bumpsteer, probably because Nissan designed the suspension that when it moved to that alignment (being 1" more compressed), that it would still react predictably, and within their design. I may try some spacers to see if there is any benefit since I have been offered a set pretty cheap, but I just can't see the "need" for them, in looking at the over all system.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Edited by Six_Shooter

Lowering 2" with a static coil and lowering 2" with adjustable coil overs nets the same result. The shock is still down in the body an additional 2". The "additional bumpsteer" I keep hearing about will be there whether adjustable coil overs are used or static coils, again, the net result ins suspension geometry change is the same. Some say that using the "bump steer spacers" (better called camber change restoration spacers" will help. Some say, most won't notice a difference. FWIW, cutting coils off increases the spring rate.

I'm currently riding 1" lower than stock height, and haven't noticed any increase in any bumpsteer, probably because Nissan designed the suspension that when it moved to that alignment (being 1" more compressed), that it would still react predictably, and within their design. I may try some spacers to see if there is any benefit since I have been offered a set pretty cheap, but I just can't see the "need" for them, in looking at the over all system.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.

spring rates. and pre loads. cutting your springs does not net the same results as adjustable coilovers.