HybridZ

OK, who wants a laugh?

auxilary

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those guys are idiots. Although they were right about something. The QUAD 4 is very torquey, but only the 1995 and earlier models at 2.3L. In 96 they went to a 2.4L QUAD 4 that was horribly weak. But, it's not a pontiac engine either, it was originally designed by Olds and later sold to GM. I had a 95' Grand Am GT with the 2.3L and that thing was awesome. Wish I still had that car:

661b.jpg

"Torque is not needed for sports cars. its needed for lazy shifters, highway cruisers and for towing heavy stuff. HP is the only thing that matters for sports cars."

(!!!!!!!!!!!)

I think that is 100% wrong. LOL. My little mild-ish L26 made some pretty good torque for 2800-6500 RPMs. Makes it more fun to drive to have a WIDE torque range rather than one from 6000-8000.

Held my own against a Turbo Neon (SRT4) and a yellow C5 (couldn't drive) and had both by half a car.

I'm going V8 for even more TORQUE... :-D

Ok maybe not sold it, I apologize, they shared it. Hell I don't know how these car companies work. I know that within the corporation I work for we have several different divisions and if we want something from another division we have to buy it from them. Hell they even charge us tech support for a simple phone call.

ya thats right sports cars dont need torque; thats why I have absolutely and pitifully torn apart every honda I have ran... and some with higher HP #'s,

(in my SRT4).

I hate to be arrogant but their is simple mathematics that apply to vehicle weight,torque figure, horsepower, and a few other things that can be manipulated into good results.

Oh ignorance is bliss and and quite comical in this case.