HybridZ

Come See "big Phil" Dyno His Turbo 280z

Chemicalblue

I'll have to look again at my temps. Should I have the IAT sensor after the meth nozzle? As far as nozzle size, I don't know. I bought the kit used off e-bay and other things keep me from remembering to order a correct size nozzle. I know its dumb of me. As of now the meth nozzle is after my IAT sensor.

The meth comes on full strength at 14lbs, I have no controller. Just a boost switch.

Well I've seen people do it both ways, before or after the meth nozzle. I have my IAT mounted in my intake manifold so it shows me what kind of affect the meth is having on temps(lol it also shows me just how much heat soak i get when i turn the car off at the gas station!) Only you have to be careful not to place the IAT to close to the meth nozzle, I was getting some error codes because the meth was spraying directly on the sensor so make sure its downstream a ways.

So you're saying your meth is not progressive based on manifold pressure? No progressive controller?

Well I've seen people do it both ways, before or after the meth nozzle. I have my IAT mounted in my intake manifold so it shows me what kind of affect the meth is having on temps(lol it also shows me just how much heat soak i get when i turn the car off at the gas station!) Only you have to be careful not to place the IAT to close to the meth nozzle, I was getting some error codes because the meth was spraying directly on the sensor so make sure its downstream a ways.

So you're saying your meth is not progressive based on manifold pressure? No progressive controller?

just an adjustable boost switch I set to 14lbs.

I'm not sure what it is?

If I'm not mistaken Alamo has a DynoJet. I had a couple of friends dyno and tune out there a while back.

I'm all kinds of stoked for this weekend.. I'm rooting for the 400 mark for sure, that would be all kinds of awesome.

Phil I noticed the Max RPM was 5,500 RPM!

Umm.. keep going! Isnt that the peak torque number in the RPM range?!

It's been my experience that the L28 intake and heads just don't make HP much past 5500rpm without significant porting. I've seen this demonstrated on the dyno with my engine other similar setups. TimZ and JeffP both make peak power well past 5500rpm but it took a huge amount of intake and cyl head port work to get there. For me, a larger cam didn't move the power band up either. Peak torque is typically at 4200 - 4500rpm. When doing a dyno pull I believe you should definitely run the rpm's well past peak so you can fully understand the characteristics of the engine through the whole RPM range. Just my .02C.