HybridZ

Just Got My Dream Job

240hoke

Hey Guys,

Today was a big day for me, I just signed the contract for my dream job. Ive been interning at Penske Racing for the summer and Have had a wonderful time, it has been a lot of work but it has been interesting and rewarding.

I have one semester of school left and I have a contract to start working at Penske Racing as a Design Engineer in January.

For those of you that don't know Penske is a first class racing organization and one of the most successful in history. The racing facility that I work at is over 500,000 square feet and houses all of the Penske racing team; this includes 3 cup teams, 1 nation wide, 1 ARCA, 3 IRL, and 2 Pan Am.

I can finally say that my long nights in the shop working on my car, and the long nights studying in school have paid off.

:burnout:

http://www.penskeracing.com

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done mate.

Hopefully racing teams in the states pay better then over here.

I have a mate that worked for 888 racing over here (V8 Supercars). He would be doing 6 long day weeks and on race weekends working the weekend too. Worked his but off for about half the pay that me and other mates in industrial engineering were making.

But then again, HE LOVED IT. Still goes and helps them out, especially on race weekends, even though he no longer works there.

Guess if you love it, you can put up with other drawbacks.