HybridZ

Scary Welder

johnc

I'm in the shop working and welding and hammering (adjusting things as I weld) away and I hear something at the front door. I put down the welder and walk to the front door wearing my leather jacket, Speedglas helmet (still down - wonderful things those Speedglas helmets), gloves, and carrying a ball peen hammer. There's two sales women with one holding my front door open and both talking about something. They don't see me walk up until I get right to the door.

One woman screams, the one holding the door open turns, screams, lets go of the door and backs into the first woman knocking here onto the grass in front of my shop. The door closes on me and I turn and go back into the shop to finish what I'm doing.

About a minute later the front door opens and I hear a woman's voice call, "Hello? Hello?" I figure the Jason approach won't work the second time, so I put the hammer down and flip up the helmet. As I walk into the office both women are there and one has her mace can out. She says, "You scared the crap out of us!"

"Sorry."

"Why would you do that?"

"I didn't, you two scared yourselves."

"What?"

"I just walked to my front door to find out what was going on and I was wearing what I normally wear at work. I can't help it if you're not used to blue collar folks who don't wear suits on the job."

"Well, we thought you were going to kill us."

"Don't include me in your Lifetime TV fantasies. Please leave my shop."

They left.

hahaha, I came home one time and walked out to the shop to find a girl I know sitting in the passenger seat of my Z, wearing my welding helmet/chaps/vest/gloves and holding one of my short handled forging hammers.

It's amazing how fast that pile of gear turns into a great halloween costume when you're not expecting it.

Got a great laugh out of that one, she did. I didn't even notice her sitting there till i sat down in the driver's seat and started working on the wiring...looked up and saw her turn her head to look at me and jumped like i'd been bit by a sparkplug wire!

John,

BE HONEST!

Go back and read what he wrote, guys. Tell me EXACTLY what items of clothing he said he was wearing.

SUUUUUUURE they were scared by the mask and hammer.

Some guy comes out walking with an abberant dwarved leg hangin' dressed in a human skin leather jacket, a welding helmet, and carrying a hammer and I'd scream too!

Now remember I basically work out of a hotel. I get insistent housekeeping doorknockers. Loud ones get me to the door right away. You think you're scary, try cooling off in the tropics with only a ceiling fan over your bed... Then this KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK at the door that you don't hear. Groggily waking out of a heat-induced slumber you stand up to face what you think is an opening door and hear this blood curdling scream and say "What he hell do you want?" (Scratch, Scratch)

• 7 months later...