HybridZ

NEW.... Composite ideas!

azcarbum

As per my usual business practices, I'm looking to possibly build a few new and 1-off custom composite parts for the S30z.

I would like to get some feedback on these ideas, and see what you feel you guy'z might be interested in, and what you think you wouldn't.

Here are the ideas:

CF- Solid Tail light panel? ( for custom taillight installs )

CF- Door skins ( get the look w/o the full price? )

CF- Hatch skins?

CF- quarter Window w/air duct?

CF- Roof skin

what do you guys think of these?

Edited by azcarbum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that I have the money, but I'd say the tail panel would be huge on this board. I personally have a hard time with the thought door skins, but that's me. I also wouldn't but a CF hood unless it was a TRUE CF hood, not just fiberglass with a couple thin layers of CF on top.

I'd really like to see a headlight bucket and fender single piece combo that actually FITS.... That'd be awesome. So many people blend the bucket and fender together anyways, and most people agree it looks better. Why not make a CF piece for the whole job? I think those would sell like hot-cakes if it was proven to fit well, making it an afternoon install.

Note that I have the money, but I'd say the tail panel would be huge on this board. I personally have a hard time with the thought door skins, but that's me. I also wouldn't but a CF hood unless it was a TRUE CF hood, not just fiberglass with a couple thin layers of CF on top.

I'd really like to see a headlight bucket and fender single piece combo that actually FITS.... That'd be awesome. So many people blend the bucket and fender together anyways, and most people agree it looks better. Why not make a CF piece for the whole job? I think those would sell like hot-cakes if it was proven to fit well, making it an afternoon install.

I agree with most everything said here! I really think there would be a market for one part carbon fenders with matching air dam and a real carbon hood and real carbon hatch. If you can match with full real carbon doors, or even glass ones, like Mack is supposed to be making. I think you could shave so much weight it is unreal.

Yes! a BRE spoiler for the 2+2's! I would be alllll over that and also the fender headlight bucket would be awesome! It seems like more 2+2's are starting to pop up, I have 2 and both would look really nice with one!

As far as the tail light, if you could make it so everything would be flush it would make the rear end look soo sexy!

How about a CF steering column enclosure (maybe with a little panel for some indicator lights)? Also, CF center floor console ('cause it's hard to find an original, and folks might be willing to buy one just to replace a damaged or missing unit). How about rear left & right hatch area panels that include some space for some proper speakers?