HybridZ

Sayonara HybridZ

RacerX

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ernie:

Just saw this and have to say I hate to see you go!

Thanks for the advice (both online and off) about painting.

If it weren't for you, I doubt that I would be in the process of stripping my ZXT's engine compartment and getting it ready for new paint after rust fixes -which I will be doing all myself.

I too hope that you don't go away, and hope you have a lot of fun in your new endeavor - and make more money!

Please consider hangin' around to answer questions directed to you, and ignore the butt-plugs that that think their Shi* don't stink....

Thanks Again,

Brad

I've been out of town and just got this... It saddens me to no end that some assclown pricks would send you notes offline... I wish you'd have directed them to me, Ernie...

My fuse is short with crap like this... One of the few members who posts real technical data, and useful info, and some keyboard commandos bulley him into bailing on the site???

I hope those responsible feel as poorly of their actions as I do, and god help them if I find out the specifics...

Mike

Ernie,

Mikelly's sentiments are exactly my own as well. I'm pissed off at whatever you had to endure through PMs if it's making you leave the site. I always thought of you as the godfather of the paint & body forum.

For everyone else: I know Ernie and have spent hours speaking with him over lunch, etc. He has always been extremely honest and forthcoming with all his knowledge--there is no need to ever dog him regarding what may be another way of doing things in paint & body---this is one reason why I added this sticky to the paint & body forum: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115242

Apparently this approach was not enough and too gentle handed. Note that Ernie didn't complain to me or anyone else about getting nastygram PMs. I'd love to know who was sending him crap like that :mad: Ernie has always been a help to everyone and a large part of this site, frankly. To say I'm not happy right now is the understatement of the year.

Ernie, please consider not completely dropping your membership here. We would love to have you come back around and still be a part of this site, especially if time permits. I have been so busy in my move to NC that I have neglected logging in here to read the important stuff.

You'll be missed :-(

Davy

Ernie, reconsider. Make a file in your e-mail basket called "Hate Mail" and get familiar with "Block Sender"---the expertise you impart is far more important to more people than the few who whine and throw stones.

I really like people who think ANY idea is 'stolen'---any artist will freely admit they stole any of their ideas from someone else (if they are honest)---people who think they have a truly original idea usually are ignorant of the truith surrounding the subject.

Anyway, I say this as someone who (on another forum) has had concerted efforts to 'make me go away'---i.e. three or four guys filling my e-mail box daily with 3-400 mails to drive me away. I did leave 'there' for about a month so the kiddies would go back to school, and when they came back at christmas break, guess what, I had been there all along.

Don't let the bastards grind you down. Don't give it up. Stay for the help you know you can give, and 'block sender' with vigor after making an appropriate comment in kind....

Muahahahaha!

Tony D, still at "The Other Place" with over 20K posts.... Much to the haters chagrin. Like Syphillis, you can't get rid of me THAT easily! I'm the bunghole resistant version! LOL

So should you be!

Flamers Suck!

This reminds me of the big flamer wars at some older Z sites many moons ago. This forum community has grown from those ashes to be THE BEST Z site for "Zed'rs" with creativity and a spirt of adventure.

Sorry to see you go.

But...

Good luck on your new adventure!

Let me put it another way...

I have received a number of offline comments from other SENIOR members who were around when we stood up this site... And how it was different back then from the "tone" we have now, as we've evolved and gained popularity...

I'm all for new members coming to the site and wanting to join in... I'm not for our senior members being bullied or steamrolled by some who think they "can" do it better... If that's the case, DO IT ELSEWHERE. IF I get the particulars from Ernie, and IF I deem it justified to have those individuals GONE, THEY WILL BE... Better yet, those who felt the need to contact Ernie offline, Have you got the stones to contact ME??? Bet you don't...

There are a number of us on this site who would like to retain the feel of HybridZ from its humble beginnings... We won't lose that to those who have "other" intentions...

I hope this message is CLEAR...

Mike

Sad to see you leave. I haven't been on here very long, but in that short time, I have read alot of your posts. All of them were of sound advice, and great all around reading. Some people, just plain SUCK! I hope you reconsider. I would also like to see the responsible people banned. This is a great site! Just because they flew under the radar to attack you, doesn't make it OK.

Ernie, if you need a 240Z I still have the one you came to look at!

I'd just as soon give it to you for FREE if you'll only stay and help me paint my other 240Z!

Administrators: IF the TOOL or TOOLS that harassed Ernie did it using this site's private e-mail feature, could it not be traced?

Mark

Wow, I just read this message as I was out of town for Champ Car in Mt-Tremblant this week-end.

I'm really sad to hear about that Ernie, I wish it could be otherwise.

I really enjoyed when we exchanged trough e-mail and you support as a friend, even though we never met in person, really helped me pull trough a rough time. Your past life experiences have showed me that there's always light at the end of the tunnel and it's not always a train coming head-on.

I hope we can keep in touch.

Thanks for everything, good luck in your new endeavor.

Your friend, Alex.

i've been watching this thread hoping to see that he decided not to go, but i must say that these "keyboard ninjas" are always a PITA, and i HATE it when they get to someone who truly knows his stuff. never really got to have a first hand experience with ya, ernie, but your threads and replies have always been insightful! hope you come back!

The insidiousness comes from doing it in PM's or via E-Mail. They know it would not be tolerated on the forum, and therefore do it on the sly. Many times they know people won't bring it up---because it's not on the forum and they think it's a private message. My thought: those who did it would be outraged that their private communications were made public and that they got any repercussions from them at all. They hide behind the cloak of implied privacy, and scream like banshees when the cloak is removed.

Cowards always do.

Hopefully Ernie will see fit to at least give Mike and the other mods the benefit of the doubt and let them in on who was sending what.

I mean, think about it: If they are doing it to him, who else are they targeting?

The insidiousness comes from doing it in PM's or via E-Mail. They know it would not be tolerated on the forum, and therefore do it on the sly.

I mean, think about it: If they are doing it to him, who else are they targeting?

Exactly. In the past couple of years since I found this site, it has become a daily stop. My own little zen place. I may not post much, I only chime in when attempting to bring something useful to the mix. It makes me sick to think there are people who feel the need to try to spoil that by harassing a friendly and helpful member.

-And I'm sure the trolls are following this, getting their rocks off:

Disappear, all of you.

This ones for Ernie:

You and I are more like brothers than friends. From High School to the present, you have always been one of honesty, integrity and character. Those traits are unknown to the "bottom feeders" who have no respect for anyone but themselves and abuse those "Pearls of Wisdom" that you share so freely. You are highly regarded by your peers, and for those of us "Old Farts" that have been on this site for more than a hot minute, a word of encouragement to the "New Fish"...This site was spearheaded by individuals who think out of the box; who excel in design strategies and application methodology. If your going to be an active participant in this venture, then do so as someone who has principals, and not one who indulges in grade school antics. There is no room on this site for that crap!

Mike, thanks for the Backup. If you don't have the balls to contact Mike, you definately don't want to contact me! Ernie be advised you are always welcome on this site, to offer the wisdom and talents you are blessed with. I am sure I not only speak for myself but Owen, Mikelly, Super Dan, Pete and Ox, and a host of other members...just read the posts! It will be a pleasure for all of us to have your continued participation. Thanks Ernie. Enough said.

VAN

HybridZ SoCal Chapter, Enforcer

I gotta say I have enjoyed reading your posts as well. I agree with all the others when I say don't let the "tools" run you off. Even if your new venture is not Z related, you could still be a very valuable asset to this very awesome site.

As the musical group Chicago once sang, "Oh no, please don't go" or something like that.