HybridZ

Turbo Intake Plenum

MONZTER

It is going to be interesting to see the HP gain with this set up especially if a stock manifold is used a base line and then changed out for this set up.

It makes us low budget people green with envy.

Every time I see this tread I cannot wait to see what is happening next, keep it up!

"Some people do have brains and money!"

The first CNC pictures from before were of the roughing operation The final pass has been finished on the inside and it is ready for the back details. I had him spend a little extra time with a smaller step-over on the diverter section, but leave the entry into the runners a little more rough. I figured I would have to do some smoothing on the runner entries after welding on the Wiggins flanges anyway. He has already roughed out the inside of the front half. Should be only a couple more days to have it all finished machined. After machining I will pin it together for alignment, add a little tape to seal it off and bring it to be flow tested before welding it together for good.

It seems like you guys like seeing the progress of the CNC work so I guess I'll keep posting pictures :lol:

DSCN0255.JPG

Dang that looks good. I'm a cnc mill guy, so obviously I want to know what kind of machine that is being done on, and if I can get the cad file :)

Sorry, I forgot to answer you on this one.

The machine in the picture is a Fadal VMC 4020 with Fanuc controls. He does al of his programming in MasterCam 9 This machine is about a year old.

They just got a new 6030 in the shop for larger projects. Total of about 5 vertical machines in the shop right now.

So you want the file? Hmm I'll have to think about that one:icon42:

Guest 280ZForce

that manifold looks similar (as in lengthy and tubular) to one my friend is using in Aussie... thehelix112. BUT yours is reversed engineered by placing the turbo towards front of the engine bay and way crazy w/ the length of the tubing... but it's very sexy!

enginebay-gt35_141.jpg

It looks like the exhaust is only tacked together. I can imagine all of the fun having to do all of those fusion tig welds. I worked as a pipe welder on a couple of Bud Breweries. It will take a planning on were to start and finish.

I should not be surprised at the exhaust header being so well designed after seeing your intake. When are you going to take us into the mystical world of what you are doing with the engine. Desometric valve system, titanium rods, ceramic pistons who knows what you will come up with!