HybridZ

Seat swap list for s30's

gvincent

21 hours ago, JSM said:

Is the seatbelt part of the seat? It looks like the belt and receiver are on the seat only.

The seat belt receiver, the part you click into is anchored to the seat but was useless to me since I was going with a different set of belts. I just removed it from the seat frame and tossed into the ever growing pile.

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

The seat belt receiver, the part you click into is anchored to the seat but was useless to me since I was going with a different set of belts. I just removed it from the seat frame and tossed into the ever growing pile.

Same. I got new seat belts from Wesco Performance - the roadster type. I used this approach to install 350Z seats - cut off extraneous stuff and weld cross members, use S30 rails: http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/103970-another-350z-seat-install-for-tall-people/

Super comfortable for me - but went to a track day and my helmet hit roof hard, so I have them fixed position, bolted straight through the floor now. :D  Cut more from seats to get them as far back and low as possible and removed the sliders.

Edited by Zipper

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:34 PM, Ottoman said:

Has anyone ever tried Mercedes clk430 seats? Didn't get to measure them yet. Hope they fit.

A friend with a 70/240 has these seats installed. They fit very well. The backs are lower than OEM backs and the electric seat functions well. His black leather covers are of high quality. They are a good fit and didn't cost a fortune! 

• 7 months later...

Any one tryed recaro LX Seat in a late 260z or 280z ? (Since gearbox tunell is different from 240z)

realy what 2 of those in my 260z. 

And How is the Seat hight compared to stock? Sitt way to high in the stock ones

and How is it holding you in place? Was thinking of bucket seats But those aint good for longer trips

Pictures whuld be awsome aswell

thank you

Edited by GeniFx

• 8 months later...

Sparco r100 passenger seat into a 78 280z went in fairly smooth.  Needed to drill new holes for bolts onto the seat mounts because the rails are now wider apart with the sparco seat. Ok so more details now that both sides are in.  I did not bash my trans tunnel to get these in.  Not bashing it does leave you a tad bit off center from the steering wheel.  I may go back later and bash it in if I want to be more centered.

I used the stock sliders and left the front screw hole alone. You do have to drill another hole about an inch or so further up in the rear of the slider to fit the screw to the seat bottom.  That part was pretty easy. 

On the the passenger side I was able to use the door side floor mount holes and bolt it in and then made new holes for the trans tunnel side because it is further apart.

On the driver side I used the stock floor mount holes that are toward the trans tunnel.   then I made new holes in the seat to floor bracket closer to the door to fit the new wider base. The seat does rub against the quarter window weatherstrip in certain positions. (something that can be fixed with bashing the tunnel). I can use the sliders to there stock limits..

i would say give yourself about 2-3 hours to swap the seats out, measure everything and start drilling.  Again the only modifications I had to make were new slider to floor mount bolt holes on one side front and back per seat and drill holes in the sliders for the rear slider to seat base screw. 

yPlqQqp.jpg

EF1BF62E-F77B-49FE-91B2-81439B2E6D06.jpeg

Edited by Ryanotown22
More info

• 4 months later...

I just installed Sparco QRT-R's with planted seat brackets.  The wings are a little to wide and need to be trimmed to fit in the seat. I used sparco side mount brackets with the planted seat bracket. I tried using Sparco sliders, however the seat sat too high for me and would not allow me to use a helmet.  The seats are very comfortable for me. I'm 5'11 and 170lbs. They are snug around my waist. Unfortunately the logo doesn't match on my two seats. I'll be dealing with that later this week.

20191004_125813.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I wish I would have seen this thread before I ordered a pair of recaro pole positions

because i did not know about that stupid tranny bump my car has. ofc i did some research before buying those seats but I only found some 240z with those seats, and they did fit perfectly 

sooo, I guess i have to cut up my freshly restored and finished 280z. also while i am at it, I might lower those two frames, to get more headspace. 

1 hour ago, DocFreud said:

I wish I would have seen this thread before I ordered a pair of recaro pole positions

because i did not know about that stupid tranny bump my car has. ofc i did some research before buying those seats but I only found some 240z with those seats, and they did fit perfectly 

sooo, I guess i have to cut up my freshly restored and finished 280z. also while i am at it, I might lower those two frames, to get more headspace. 

You might be able to just go at it with a hammer. I'd try that before cutting. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2017 at 3:04 PM, grannyknot said:

Don't know if this will help you but I tossed the stock sliders, cut of the tabs on the 350z seats and welded on threaded studs to the 350z sliders, easy install.

DSCN0965.thumb.JPG.445cc0970037c17eecdbb3758c13a4d9.JPGDSCN0967.thumb.JPG.325905356581ea8228b52c222755dd30.JPGDSCN0972.thumb.JPG.9bf4b84b0311ed539564cc31a7cd93a1.JPGDSC02824.thumb.JPG.e9f249ce0e44d3738a2c57a5e5f6b086.JPG

This is awesome info since I don't have the original seats!!