HybridZ

Revised center console

madkaw

Hey everyone apologies for sort of (okay, totally) neglecting this thread. Thank you for the kind words and the continued support!

These projects continue, behind the scenes. I haven't flaked out yet :)

Lots to update, but I'll make this update a short and sweet one.

First. We are in the process of finishing a website, so we will actually have a venue to market our parts from. I'll update on that as it happens.

Second. In addition to the projects you've seen here. I've since made some door panels. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. Still finalizing fit on the one piece versions but the two piece (using your existing OEM top piece) panels are lovely and what I'm personally going to run with alcantara, mimicked below with Jo Ann's Fabric faux suede.

IMG_20150430_205948463_zpssj11a8pb.jpg

IMG_20150503_190700174_zpscejolv0p.jpg

Third. Console ash tray delete (would allow for cup holder insert - as mentioned a long time ago by Madkaw)

Finished the plug today.

IMG_20150514_125040516_HDR_zps3djrrv54.j

Keeping busy. As always.

Edited by OldAndyAndTheSea

EDIT: Doh! misread.

I haven't cut those holes to allow people to fine tune the mounting location. Personally, I'd stick a screw in the OEM holes. Put a dab of neverseize on it, carefully drop the console in place. Drill out the dots.

Everyone's car. and project is so different. I want to drill the least amount of holes possible. :)

For the door panels :Nut inserts.

I used  1/4-20 inserts, the same I used for the fender flares.

You can install inserts in whatever OEM holes your particular model of door has.

Here's an insert installed next to an untouched OEM clip hole.

IMG_20150428_120547352_zpsa8o2rngt.jpg

Door panels look fantastic.

Still hoping for a console that blanks out the shifter holes so I can move mine forward. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one either.

Sure glad I started this thread- lol

The door panels look fantastic! Anything new happening with the clam shells ?

+1.

I just bought a nice running 240z to replace the fargone 2+2 that I had been hoarding parts for. Installing my custom quick release and MOMO wheel was step 1, but gauges are in the not so distant future!

Thanks for the support everyone.

Website is "done".... Albeit a work a progress.

Finally a place interested prospective buyers can go to contact the business directly.

www.palmcomposites.com

Currently building inventory. All appears to be going well.

I'm infusing the newest console mold tomorrow as well.

And the clamshell project has now become my personal project. I brought the tools home and will continue to come up with an acceptable solution. It will happen. Oh yes..

Hello,

I signed up to Hybrid Z just so I could get the posts of this thread emailed to me so I can keep up to date. I have '78 280Z that I am trying to get collector plates for (dirt cheap insurance, some rules may apply). This means it has to look stock. Can the console be made to be painted on, possibly with a little less weight? My goal is to buy two pounds of weight loss on the car for every pound I lose all the while keep it stock looking.

The door panels make me want to toss the stock look idea.