Jump to content
HybridZ

Leon

Donating Members
  • Posts

    2490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

Everything posted by Leon

  1. I bought that DS years ago for $110 when I swapped in the 3.9 R200. Thought I got ripped!
  2. Above and beyond, great job! Can't wait to see this car again after all you've done.
  3. Funny, both you and Jon use the same logic to discredit Stance as I do to shine a little light on them. No I've not tested their new stuff but have you guys? Just trying to stay objective here...
  4. Stance has gotten a lot better than the reputation that seems to follow them. I bet they'd be a great option for you. We have a few customers running Stance coilovers including an Evo 8 track car with double-adjustables. The owner seems to like them just fine, he trains with a professional driving coach so we're not messing around here.
  5. Early 260Z front struts have slightly lower spring perches than 240Z struts, making them early 260Z-specific. The rears are identical to the 240Z from what I've measured. Most everything else is similar to 240Z. If you ever do bushings, you need 280Z bushings for all 260Z steering racks.
  6. Been busy with all sorts of stuff but slowly working on the Z! I got a new daily driver as well, a '00 Civic Si, so plenty to keep me busy. Your Z is looking great! Hopefully mine is ready around April as well.
  7. Wow, you're getting close! Any idea of when you'll be back on the road?
  8. Nice find. Sounds like a way better option than Delta and corroborates with what I've learned in speaking with Ron Iskenderian. Although if you can find new rockers I'd go with that.
  9. My L24 crank reads E3141 and the L28 is P3040.
  10. Look at the front-most counterweight. If it says P3040, it's an L28.
  11. Can be original or Nismo 10th Anniversary version, as long as it's in good shape. I'd really prefer a genuine one but if my search is fruitless, I know that replicas are widely available. Anyone out there looking to get rid of their genuine Compe wheel? Thanks!
  12. Great job with the wiring! Sorry I can't be of help for base maps...
  13. Takashi, I've always removed the fan clutch with the fan. It's a little tight but doable with some patience and careful maneuvering.
  14. Wow, nice job! Perhaps it was the valve springs all along? That jumps out at me the most.
  15. Mislabeled spring part numbers? I'd call Eibach and figure out exactly which spring goes where (not using part numbers).
  16. Sorry to say, those guys don't understand how to tune sidedrafts. Good observations. The lean spot could be due to the e-tube and not the pumps. Different dynos will have different AFR profiles, especially at the start of the run, depending on the type of dyno and its settings. A load-bearing dyno such as a Dynapack has the ability to hold the car at WOT for a set amount of time before beginning the pull. This gets rid of transients (accel pump shot) and makes the runs much more consistent back-to-back. Ideally, once the main circuit is tuned in this manner, the pumps can then be tuned by performing transient tests. Weber designed all their emulsion tubes for downdrafts. None of them are optimized for the DCOE.
  17. I think that you'll eventually realize that no one can really answer that question unless they have an engine simulation software at their fingertips and the willingness to help. Even then, it's still just a guess/approximation albeit a better one than people just flat out guessing. This question can be put to rest in one of two ways: 1. You are satisifed with some sort of theoretical explanation for why it's better one way and not the other. Maybe even a simple "yes" or "no" from anyone that seems qualified will do the trick. 2. You actually build the two different intakes and test them back-to-back to see which works better.
  18. Good luck and that looks like a hell of a setup!
  19. Hi Steve. Nope, never installed these specific ones. However, I have a brand new set that I will be installing as soon as the Z is back on the road... If you find 240Z Bilsteins, make sure you get the correct gland nut (ring nut in Bilstein-speak), it's Bilstein-specific. Otherwise, it's just like installing any other insert.
  20. Little-by-little, we're getting closer. I did a rocker arm wipe pattern check today and will be looking for sources where I can get some new, slightly smaller pads. This was expected as I got new rocker arms which probably have more material on them than my previous ones. I wish I still worked at a place with a surface grinder and magnetic table, where I could just toss them on the table and have at it...
×
×
  • Create New...