Jump to content
HybridZ

madkaw

Donating Members
  • Posts

    2368
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    28

Everything posted by madkaw

  1. Then there’s the theory of relativity ! How much HP do you have now at the rear wheels ? Have you ridden in a 250 HP Datsun? How did you come up with your desired numbers ? Have you ridden in a 150 RWHP 240z with some good gearing ? Striving for goals that are just numbers with out relativity ? My car is dyno’d 155 at the rear wheels. Is it fast -not really - compared to today’s numbers. Quick and fun - yes by any standard.
  2. I think you measured right for coil overs . They buy you a lot more room inside . I run 17x8.5 +4 and wish it was +10. That would have allowed 245’s on the rear with stock springs. +4 was really close on the front perch, so I actually flattened that side of perch slightly. Coil overs would have been no problem. I am currently running 225/45/17
  3. Good thing TonyD doesn’t get on here much anymore or you would get schooled on this. I believe I’ve read 208 hp on an ITS motor in its day, but I could be wrong . Voodoo and secrets that builders won’t ever give away. I believe in the rules there’s allowances for removing metal in certain places - head ! CR would be for race guess I’m guessing . Hell- maybe I’m talking out my ass
  4. I’d do it! Just put them back in same order and plastigage . Of course clean and inspect them. If everything spins freely your good
  5. car-part.com used car part market . I saw a bunch in your area all day for 150$ Lots of them around . Cheaper and the Z guys don’t think about them You can’t open the ports as much as the earlier heads, but your just filling L24 bores so ...
  6. I’d say shoot for the most you can without forged slugs . The most CR with pump gas and the most cam that’s makes sense with cast pistons . Im anxious to do these pistons I have , but alas the next engine will be the L28. Time to move on from the 24, but I do love this motor. I’ve beat on it A LOT,and she keeps giving !
  7. Welding chambers is for seasoned veterans I think, but doable. You could shop for a maxima cylinder head which already has small heart shaped chambers . They would also be cheaper to obtain. I’d do a budget build first to experienced on these motors . Your not going to get a lot of knowledgeable help easily . Do a regrind for your cam. Cheap and reliable. I’d do a drilled cam and ditch the spray bar . Bottom ends are about bullet proof, so don’t spend a lot of money there.
  8. Search is your friend. I have a set of 86mm pistons on L24 rods available if you really want to punch it out. You have a sonic tester available ? Go big or go home on the cam . Later versions of the E88 aren’t the best combustion chamber , but maybe learn to weld close those chambers ? Running 490/290 and still very street friendly. Youll be limited on rpms with cast pistons , but still get 7k plus. Bump compression for sure. My e88 is shaved .050 to get some more compression . Lots of of ways to get power, but spend the time and money on that head, or find a different head with a better combustion chamber
  9. So you should be able to shave the block quite a bit. Just make sure you bolt the timing cover to the block so you shave both.
  10. Measure deck height on your pistons . I believe the L24 engine the deck height is closer to zero. You have more room to shave then in a L28 block. This is based on what I found on my engine when I rebuilt it. Now these weren’t stick pistons , but pin height should have been the same. How much is shaved off the head? My engine is a 71 with e-88 Head . Block is shaved close to .010 and piston was only out .005 ,and head is shaved .050 with bigger valves . No metal contact yet with a 490/290 cam
  11. Not with the EFI- I was at 150 RWHP with the Mikunis and th butt dyno feels about the same
  12. e-88 Head - shaved .050 , bigger valves , ported slightly . Yes that’s a stock N-42.
  13. Have to chat about this sometime . I have this mint 77 that the owner wants more power, but stock EFI is solid.
  14. Running N42 intake with Isky 490/290. Makes power to redline. Actually wish it made more down lower. It almost seems like you have to get the air velocity up on these intakes to make power, but maybe just my set up. My triples hit harder down lower, but no bitching about the stock intake.
  15. Don’t think it will for his year - but if it fits a 70 I would be interested
  16. They fit pretty well in a 240!
  17. It would be nice if you could do a pictorial/ tutorial on what the full harness kit eliminates from the stock EFI Z’s. I’m mostly referring to fusible links, etc... I believe if people saw how this kit simplified a stock EFI z engine compartment they would be more inclined to consider. I have a client now that has a 77 and I would like to talk him into buying this kit vs trying to restore the OEM EFI. If you lay out the costs and compare and add the fact that you flexibility with the MS it’s no brainer . Eliminating the AFM, and the stock ( probably corroded) ECU , and fusible links is a big bonus. Just a thought. My project was different since I went from a non -EFI set up, so my costs were higher.
  18. Bad results with my SI valves . OEM valves are good
  19. Did you ever measure piston valve clearance with your combo Leon?
  20. OER sells some ITB’s that look like carbs- very nice . They make them in various sizes . As far as programmable EFI - Megasquirt pro might be overkill .
  21. madkaw

    Ms3x install

    I don’t know if I’m the one to say the stepper is hard to set up since I am not as systematic as others, but I don’t think it’s user friendly and there are many variables to figure out. Like how many steps is your specific stepper and what’s is the best method of power to use( always on, only moving) , etc... Then the cranking steps , polarity, and just general idle tune to complicate matters. Hopefully I will be posting up a successful tune to help others - after the Richard eye balls my tune to make sure something isn’t crazy. It is nice when it works !
  22. madkaw

    Ms3x install

    Maybe- just maybe - I have this IAC in tune . I’m not ready to share yet since I have a few cold starts to do. This has been a ball buster and I should have been more methodical . The AAR valve was looking better all the time. Next week on vacation will be many test runs .
  23. Checked out the CV’s . For sure there’s probably 5 degrees of slop in the CV just like others said on the 510 site. These issues are hard to compare with others because describing noises doesn’t cut it. For me - the sound is more of a thud then a clunk. There’s no metallic sound . You can feel ,as well as hear the noise in the chassis. If there’s something moving like the diff in the moustache bar I can’t see it while under the car . I do drive my car very hard and slam gears , so it’s possible something is loose or the CV’s are getting more play . Next I will remove nuts from the diff /moustache bar and see if the hole are in good shape. I will check torque before hand. Also going to check gland nuts on struts . Moustache mounting points. Also will confirm that the grease is seeping out off the boots . Like a mist of grease covering the adapters and boots. I do run the straws in the boots for them to breathe .
×
×
  • Create New...