Jump to content


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 09/16/19 in all areas

  1. 1 point
    I would start by checking the fuses. The only reason I can think of for circuits going out like that is a loose connection or a loose +12V wire causing a short which would blow a fuse. If you still have the glass type fuses they are super easy to check with a multimeter. Good luck
  2. 1 point
    I am. Currently about 12 sets left. I plan on making more if there is a demand.
  3. 1 point
    Just thought I would post up the results of my quest for wide fender flares that suited my taste and budget. After a long search I thought I would go with Fiberglass Mafia Z-Speed Flares, but once I got them I decided I wanted more flare on the rear side and less on the front. I finally figured out if I purchase another set I could take the front part of the rear flares of the extra set and graft them onto the rear part of the front flares of the original set, and the front part of the front flares of the extra set and graft them onto the rear part of the rear flares of the original set. Confused yet? Hopefully the images will help. It took much more work than I originally expected, but am very happy with the results.
  4. 1 point
    Yeah I'm going to flip this 280z and thought while I have it, I (Could) do the swap, but it sounds like it's not worth the hassle. I dont plan on changing out the original L24 in my 71 only adding triple webbers..Should be fine, and yeah more weight would not help any. I didnt realize I needed to change the mustache bar and all that. I do like the idea of the limited slip from a LSD. But for now think I will just keep the original rear end. Thanks fellas.
  5. 1 point
  6. 1 point
    this gets better and better.... you can run a 1350 u joint yoke directly without any adapters.
  7. 1 point
    We made it to JCCS, Fam
  8. 1 point
    Not sure mild is the word I’d use for this summer. Triple digits most days on our side of town. 😳 Been building backyard structures when I could stand to work outside. Love to take the VR to some events, but she’s still not ready. Plan is to finish my retaining wall this fall, stop working part time and spend my time finishing the car and watching our grandson👍
  9. 1 point
    The 165s are satisfactory. If the valves haven't been adjusted for a while, try that and check the compression again. If you're sure the valve adjustment is fine, squirt a tablespoon or so of oil into the cylinders and take the c. test again. If the numbers raise significantly the problem lies in the rings. If the numbers stay about the same the trouble is in the valves.
  10. 1 point
    I was having trouble getting a video that made sense of the Forester and 260z overlayed. After reviewing data and video it is clear I was being light on the throttle (which I kind of knew) and shifting too early (not in the power band). I am confident I can shave 4 seconds off of sector 3 if I stay in 4th and brake 350ft later lol, my corner exit speed is way better in the 260z. Looking at sector 4 gave me a lot more confidence in the car and reminded me that it is all about the idiot behind the wheel. Sector 4 goes from a hard flat 90 right to a very tricky blind uphill that you really need to sweep a 1 turn with no brakes. It is nice to be able to see where exactly I made mistakes and really I was just being too timid with my speed. That being said I could see a ton of roll in external video, upgraded bars it is. Next season I will have more alignment capability so I am hoping to make my goal of getting in to the high 1:40s. Sector Trap Time 1 2 3 4 5 6 16.62 37.1 19.55 13.48 21.76 16.64 Forester 16.02 34.95 16.75 13.45 20.04 16.01 260Z 0.6 2.15 2.8 0.03 1.72 0.63 delta Sector Trap Speed 81 109 46 60 53 70 77 113 38 65 59 77 -4 4 -8 5 6 7
  11. 1 point
    I still have full vinyl and most of the interior pieces from the series 1 I scrapped. Really only good for patterns for people looking for a restoration sort of job, but most of it is pretty okay. Was gonna sell for like $50 plus shipping. You can have it for the price of some tasty tacos next time you're around and we hang out. Also, for this interested in the car. I've driven it and can confirm that it's a pretty excellent ride. More well sorted in terms of function that most of the Datsun I come across. Period.
  • Create New...